Did I mess anything up?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sportscrazed2

Reaction score
i opened my fermenter after 2 weeks to take a sample as well as to clean out airlock because it was really stuck in there and it was impossible to remove without removing the lid. i covered it with saran wrap while doing so and resanitized everything. while i was at it i went ahead and threw in a second pack of dried yeast just to try and get it to ferment to it's fullest before i bottled to make sure it was completely done. will this throw off my beer? is there a way to filter it out before bottling?

As long as you sanitized everything before putting it back on you'll be ok. The only thing that I can think of that might screw up the batch is the second pack of dried yeast, since that may produce a flavor different than what you're aiming for.

Like Draw said, you should be fine as long as you did use sanitizer on what you touched. It's hard to over-pitch, but you may get some altered flavors.

allirhgt cool this is my first batch and i just want it to be done so i can start on my second batch. at this point i really don't even care what it tastes like as long as it's drinkable.

Latest posts

Back