Kegs for Christmas!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wickedale

Reaction score
Yeah Can't get any better than that!!!! My wife spilt the beans the other day I'm getting a kegging system for Christmas:mug::rockin:.
MY question is What am I getting myself into??
Any tips or tricks would be great I've looked through the treads for a while and there is sooo much info on kegging :drunk:
No more bottles for me!!!!
SORRY I couldn't contain myself I'm soo excited I had to share!!!!

I think the biggest thing is reading the links on how to fill them. After that, you get the hang of things fairly quickly. Get yourself a socket that will work on the posts. They need to come off from time to time for cleaning and o-ring replacement. Congratulations.

Well, you will need a kegerator, and facets and shanks. Not sure if your system will come with that stuff...

When you hook it up, make sure you give her the car keys.

Nice!! Lucky you! If you're like me, the entire afternoon is spent playing with your toys. If I were you, I'd try to have 5 gallons ready to keg and cold, make sure that CO2 tank is full ahead of time, and read up on force carbing using the shake method. You can be drinking kegged beer that night!

SAAHWWHHEEEAAATT!

Since you already bottle, I imagine you already have cleaning stuff. As posted, def need a kegorator or spare fridge for the time being (search for force carbing, and don't throw away your bottles- It's always nice bottling some of your kegged beer for later consumption). Check out Show us your Kegerator for ideas if you build one, and invest in perlick taps from superprod.com (BMBF for bottling from keg, or BMBF Alteration).

If you thought brewing was addictive, wait till you have your first draft... Cheers :mug:!

I've already got my Beer Fridge (Full Of Bottles at the Moment Though) I'll just be converting it into a kegerator.

Then in addition to getting ready for kegging you'd better be drinking up! It's only 13 days until Christmas.

Hey, if you need help to empty that fridge of beer.... =) There are some of us that are willing to help you with that DIFFICULT Task.

I'm GREEN with envy!

My Summary (.02) for kegging based off reading
10ft of 3/16th lines
Perlick Faucets
Chest freezer if wanting more than 2 kegs.
Love or Ranco temp controller
Ball lock kegs (gas and beer fittings are different!)
dual regulator assy if you can afford it for multiple kegs.

My 0.02 based of keggin now

Keep extra gaskets on hand for Lids, Dip tubes, Poppets (or spare poopets)
dual regulator assy if you can afford it for multiple kegs.
No need for hose clamps when using 3/16 line with 1/4 fittings.
RDWHAHB from your keg! Greatest feeling in my Homebrew world.
Chest freezer with Love

Back