Glasses

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustangfreak

Reaction score
Ok, so what beers are to be enjoyed from what glasses? I have no clue, and so far, I've been drinking all of my beer out of frosty mugs.

I did however, just buy 4 of the Sam Adams "A New Glass".

There's a thread going about this here.

The Sam Adams glasses seem popular, I'd like to try them some time. It seems that most people are happy to drink most of their beers, session-style, from a standard pint glass (or variations, more fluted ones, etc) or a mug; for serious tasting, or barleywines, or Belgians, they'll often go for a tulip glass, brandy snifter, various curvy goblets, that do better at giving you the aroma and maintaining the head. There are a lot of neat pics in the thread I linked.

One thing that is generally not recommended is putting the mugs in the freezer. It kills head retention, and to me it just makes things too too cold to taste.

homebrewer_99 said:
Frosted mugs are only good to freeze your tast buds when drinking crappy beer...:mad:

You want to taste the flavor of your brew...cold rinse before pouring...:mug:

Did not know that, thanks for the tip!

Thanks guys!

Back