Pecan Pie Pale Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beermaker

The NAVY WALRUS
Reaction score
or aka P cubed ale. I made a basic store bought APA kit. Fermented out 14 days until clear and completed to about 1.012. I next boiled 1-16 oz dark Karo syrup and 1-1 oz bottle of Pecan extract. Once it started to boil, I took it out into the garage and poured it into a clean sterile cornie. Then I racked the APA ontop of it, sealed it up, pressurized / depressured 5 times while rocking and shaking the hell out of it to mix up the syrup, then set it to 20 psi for 3 days and sha-zamm! Delicious. We tasted it last night while recording the 41st episode of Brewcrazy. Check it out www.Brewcrazy.com This is a very holiday beer. Anytime you you would celebrate a holiday with a Pecan Pie, here you go. 17 days from kettle to keg. And it is awesome over icecream believe it or not.

wow, this is a first for me.. sounds.. interesting..

but if you say it's good, i believe you.. worth a try, huh?

Very interesting experiment. I don't think that I'd brew up a batch of it, but I'd sure like to try one. :mug:

I'm bumping this because I'd like to see if anyone else made it. Sounds interesting, and I'm tempted to do a half batch to see how it turns out.

It's one of my most requested. I love this stuff. One glass makes the room smell like pecan pie. I need to do another batch soon. I hope you guys enjoy it.

Sent from my iPhone using HB Talk

Hey Beermaker, do you think i would be able to do that same thing with the corn syrup and extract on bottling? Should I still add priming sugar?

bnimble said:
Hey Beermaker, do you think i would be able to do that same thing with the corn syrup and extract on bottling? Should I still add priming sugar?

You probably could. You could add the flavored to your bottling bucket to find the flavor you like, then bottle and cap. Sure.

What did the ABV end up at?

If I am bottling, are you saying to add just the pecan flavoring to the bottling bucket or the flavoring and Karo? I would be afraid adding the Karo and priming sugar would cause to much carbonation and bottle bombs, but I am new to all this so I am really just guessing. Would like to do one this year for Thanksgiving if possible.

Also, was the kit from AHS, Midwest or Northern Brewer? I only do extracts so I would be interested if you got it from one of those places.

Beermaker said:
or aka P cubed ale. I made a basic store bought APA kit. Fermented out 14 days until clear and completed to about 1.012. I next boiled 1-16 oz dark Karo syrup and 1-1 oz bottle of Pecan extract. Once it started to boil, I took it out into the garage and poured it into a clean sterile cornie. Then I racked the APA ontop of it, sealed it up, pressurized / depressured 5 times while rocking and shaking the hell out of it to mix up the syrup, then set it to 20 psi for 3 days and sha-zamm! Delicious. We tasted it last night while recording the 41st episode of Brewcrazy. Check it out www.Brewcrazy.com This is a very holiday beer. Anytime you you would celebrate a holiday with a Pecan Pie, here you go. 17 days from kettle to keg. And it is awesome over icecream believe it or not.

Sounds awesome!

Back