Come on up to warm, sunny Alaska

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveIT

Reaction score
I haven't been to it yet (just moved here this summer), but everyone I talk to says it is a great event!!

January 13 & 14, 2006
Great Alaska Beer & Barley Wine Festival - Anchorage, Alaska
555 West Fifth Avenue
Anchorage, Alaska 99501

Times: January 13 at 5:00 - 10:00 p.m.
January 14 at 3:00 - 10:00 p.m.

Costs: $30.00 per person per day which includes a 6 oz. commemorative tasting glass, 30 samples, and an official program. Tickets are available at the door only (no presales).

Attendees MUST be at least 21 years old - NO EXCEPTIONS!
There will also be a commercial Best Barley Wine Competition as well as live music.
Snack-type food will be available for purchase.
Proceeds will benefit the American Diabetes Association.

Brewers wishing to attend please go to the following webpage:
http://www.auroraproductions.net/beer_ n_barley_application.htm

The promoter of this event is Aurora Productions. Should you have any questions please contact them at:
Aurora Productions, Inc.
3401 Denali Street, Suite 202B
Anchorage, Alaska 99503
Phone: (907) 562-9911; Fax: (907) 562-9889
[email protected]

Beermaker said:
Back down....where are you now? What college?

I'm from Alaska (Anchorage), but I go to Rice in Houston for grad school. Just got home for Christmas, and I'm enjoying the cold weather very much!

Beermaker said:
Rice Owls....cool school...I was over in the village about 2 weeks ago for the St Arnolds Brewery pub crawl.........have you been to the brewery yet?

There was a pub crawl? I didn't even hear about it! (Oh well... it would've been right during finals week anyway.) When's the next one? :D

Oh, and here's a link to the event daveIT posted - the link he gave is just the application for brewers: clickity-pop! It's past the deadline to apply as a brewer, but attending is fun. :drunk:

I dont know when the next one will be, but they are hiring a lead bottler, and a book keeper right now. The last crawl was Dec. 9. The next will be in the spring when they release their Spring Bock I think.

Latest posts

Back