Officially got the bug

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jms5180

Reaction score
Haven't even bottled my first brew but have 15 gallons fermenting right now.

- Belgian tripel (in secondary)
- Jamil's evil twin (end of first week in primary)
- Hefeweizen (Day 2)

The belgian is a little dark but already tastes awesome, cant imagine it in a few months.

Jamil's evil twin may possibly turn out to be my favorite beer when its done. I loved it when I tried it today and its only 6 days old.... I love red ales and IPA's. its a hoppy not bitter Red ale. Awesome

Damn this forum!!

I'll be doing my 3rd, this weekend, in less than 2 months since I started. Not as much as you, but it definitely is a bug! I have 2 meads going as well. My 3rd will be a Hefe as well!

I'll be doing my 3rd, this weekend, in less than 2 months since I started. Not as much as you, but it definitely is a bug! I have 2 meads going as well. My 3rd will be a Hefe as well!

I'm excited for the hefe as it will hopefully be my "show off" beer to friends and family. My good friends will love the others, but my parents, sisters, girls i know won't touch a belgian or ale. But everyone loves a hefe in the summer!

Haven't even bottled my first brew but have 15 gallons fermenting right now.
Damn this forum!!

Hah you and me both buddy. At first I was wondering how/why a first timer made the decision to buy a conical to ferment 15 gallons of brew.

I had two batches going. Making a 3rd next weekend (was possibly going to do an additional one this weekend but I cancelled it).

I love making recipes and playing around with unusual ideas.

I also do, just bottled an Irish red last weekend and ordered two more kits. Stout went into primary today and I am thinking about going and getting another bucket so I can do the nut brown tomorrow instead of waiting for stout to go to secondary! My wife thought I was nuts till she tried the first batch I did, then she got online and started cruising for kits and telling me what I needed to do next

Latest posts

Back