What do HBT Dads want out there for Father's Day?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
Here's what I'm hoping for.....

E88.JPG

14.5 gallons of heaven!

I want one of these;
bccrusher1.jpg

Three of these:
6126.jpg

and a free day in the brewery!

Cheers

I've seen that; how much it it, like five grand?

I'm looking at saws that are ~$200 or so. Big enough where they've got a decent-sized, stable table, but not one of the real nice ones that I won't use enough to justify the extra expense. I've actually twice purchased one of the uber-cheap, $99 saws, and changed my mind and returned it still in the box since I knew I would ultimately want a nicer one.

Anyone have any recommendations? Table saws under $250 or so?

the_bird said:
Anyone have any recommendations? Table saws under $250 or so?
I got a Ryobi for under $250. Table top, no legs. I clamped it onto a sawhorse rig with wheels and used it while finishing my basement.

Must have ripped 50-60 2x4's to frame around duct work and get my coffered cielings framed. Worked great. I just ripped wome 5/8ths plywood last weekend with it to finishout my kegerator closet.

Grain mill unless I get off my duff and finish building mine.
Grain.
Couple of forward sealing faucets.
Banjo burner.
March pump.
Bottle gun.

Cash windfall so I can quit my job and brew beer all day!

I already bought it 4 tower speekers for my boat tower. O wait no that was my birthday present (June 9)Hmmmmmm gonna have to go with a chest freezer like Ed's.. that would take the cake...
JJ

Well, I'm not a father but I bought my fiance a mother's day present so I expect the same in return!

I'm asking for a wort chiller and/or a turkey fryer

I would love a new Barley Crusher, but I don't think SWMBO is going to bite on that one (especially since my old mill works pretty well).

So I am going to see if I can expand my brewing library:

Mosher.jpg

Szamatulski.jpg

Calagione.jpg

I saw some cool Outdoor Kitchens on ....HGTV maybe, just this week. I'd settle for number 8,9,or 10; it wouldn't take the Number 1 Extreme Outdoor Kitchen to satisfy me.

I'm thinking green/black/white granite counter tops, SS built in Solaire grill, an authentic Italian wood oven, fridge, water/sink, and a view would do. I'm not picky.

I would like to be able to spend a day alone in the house brewing beer, drinking, doing some internal "dry hoping", sleeping and watching TV.

I'm not a father either (to the best of my knowledge), but I'd like to celebrate my father by losing the SWMBO-honey do list and starting my next batch of home brew. It's been 3 months now, and I'm running low on bottled home brew

I am asking for time. I want one day to disappear so I can gather up some shutterspots in upstate New York. In addition to Father's Day, I have a birthday and an anniversary very near. I suspect with two little ones, this will not happen, therefore, there may be a burner on the horizon. :)

joebou4860 said:
To brew.
and not to have a list of crap to do on a sunday

No doubt. I want a weekend to brew without distractions and no dirty looks from SWMBO. A new brewstand would be nice, too, but I'll settle for the free weekend.

EDIT: as long as we're wishing, I'd also like for the Brewers to go on another long winning streak and not give it all back this time..........

Since all of my household items will be packed out before father's day, I've dropped the hint that I would like to combine father's day gifts with my birthday gifts in July. I'm pushing hard for the 10gallon AG set-up from NB.

I got dad a green laser pointer. He does presentations and demonstrations dealing with large structures, so a laser is a natural tool for him. Now he has a green one.

The green one is better than a red one because, first, you can see the laser beam at night, not just the dot. Second, it's green, not red and that is cool.

They also have blue ones, but they cost around a thousand bucks and I don't love dad that much.

Bike N Brew said:
Forgiveness.

For the 23 cu ft chest freezer I'm gonna buy...

;)

I forgive you even though you are not my dad. :D

Sometimes asking for forgiveness is better than permission.:rockin:

Im asking to be able to sleep off my hangover till noon, then Im going to go play 18 holes at the local executive course.

Back