How many have had brew days/weekends ruined by FedEx?? - possible theft here

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rev, as you know I live in the same town... always found the UPS drivers to be MUCH better with regards to leaving packages. Glad it worked out and he just got the wrong house in this case, but in general, they always switch up the Fed Ex guy (at least on my route) so they always do things differently each time which is frustrating. My UPS guy however, has been on my route for the last 7 or 8 years. He's awesome... won't leave things in the rain, unless it's small enough to cover up with my empty recycling bin, he'll leave on the side door or even back deck door only, never on the front porch steps.... and will even make a second trip in the evening to catch us at home if he thinks it's electronics... like a DELL, or NewEgg package, etc. UPS all the way, at least for my street.

Glad you got your stuff...

I feel your pain man, I had saved for the last 2 months to buy my family a nice new TV for the living room this xmas. Dec 19th someone broke into my Jeep while it was in the parking lot of a friends apartment building. They slashed the soft top, and tried to steal it by hammering a chisel through the lock on the steering column.

They of course failed, it being a 2011 and having a microchip key, but it cost me 1000$ on my insurance deductable to get it repaired. Which ment no new TV for xmas, or much of anything else really. And all the thieves got was 3 credit cards, which were reported stolen and unusable, and a broken ipod. I hope that ipod was worth taking xmas presents from my kids.

It's people like that, whom I really hope rot in hell. Scum of the earth without a thought for what their actions might be doing to other people. Just like the folks who stole your grain, or the other fellows xmas brew presents. I wouldn't piss on these thieves if they were on fire.

pyth said:
Just like the folks who stole your grain, or the other fellows xmas brew presents. I wouldn't piss on these thieves if they were on fire.

You missed it... he got the grain. Sucks what happened to you though

realjd said:
Do you really live in that crappy of a place? I've never lived anywhere where I've had to worry about people stealing packages left at my front door, although I will leave a note asking them to leave them on the back porch if it's something expensive.

In your case, tape a note to the door asking the driver to leave it inside whenever you're expecting a package.

So now he'd be leaving a note on the front door telling thieves to come inside?

Back