Official 2011 "Pay It Foward" Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Official 2011 "Pay it Forward" Thread

If you have any extra gear, post it here and send it (for free) to the first person who responds IN THIS THREAD.

Rules:
1 item per person, unless an item is unclaimed for a long period of time. Also, the donator gets to decide if all items go together to one person, or to separate the items.

Once an item is claimed, edit your post (or ask me to do it) with "Gone- to Yooper (or whoever took the item!)

If an item is large, the donator can ask the recipient to pay shipping. Otherwise, the item is free.

Ready..............Set.......................Go!

EDIT: No "reneges". If you post something up as a free item, don't "ebay" it off after. That goes against the spirit of this thread. If you don't want to participate, that's fine! But don't offer up an item and then change your mind, or you will be banned from receiving.

Also, note that this year the "one item per person" is pinked, bolded, underlined and italicized. I think that should be adequate to remind you that one per customer is the rule. If we have abuse again this year, we will no longer do this, plus I will step in and stop the transactions.

Great idea Yooper! I'll start it off:

Up for grabs one hydrometer with built in thermometer. I like my other one w/o the thermometer better.

Edit - Gone, to nukinfuts29 send me a PM w/ address I'll get it in the mail tomorow or Tues

I'll take it! I was going to order one tonight actually.

Got two 5 gallon orange carboy caps, never used. Who wants them

EDIT: Taken by Golddiggie!

Are those caps the ones that fit on Better Bottle carboy's?? If so, I'll take them... :D

Hell, I'll take them either way. :D

According to the site they will work on the BB's but may need a rubber band to seal it up. I got the wrong size for what I was doing and just kept them.

PM me your address and I will get them out to ya.

lightly used single faucet tower and chrome faucet (recommend upgrading to perlick)
IMG_2508.jpg
[/IMG]

Gone to Starrfish

I have some older grains I just never seem to get around using. They have been stored properly. I would hate to throw them away. If you are interested send me a PM
10oz Briess Black Patent
9oz dingemans biscuit
4oz Munich
12oz special roast
8oz special b
7oz chocalate malt
4oz aromatic
13oz smoked malt
16oz caraMunich 2

These are probably 5 years old but still taste great.

Yes please. I have depleted all my specialties.

I have some older grains I just never seem to get around using. They have been stored properly. I would hate to throw them away. If you are interested send me a PM
10oz Briess Black Patent
9oz dingemans biscuit
4oz Munich
12oz special roast
8oz special b
7oz chocalate malt
4oz aromatic
13oz smoked malt
16oz caraMunich 2

These are probably 5 years old but still taste great.

Gone and done.

Ooh, been waitin for this. I got some stuff I need to dig up. Lemme look around and get some stuff together

Tis the season, i'll see what i have too. I got a nice valve for my mash tun from this thread last year and now i'd like to contribute!!

edecambra said:
Tis the season, i'll see what i have too. I got a nice valve for my mash tun from this thread last year and now i'd like to contribute!!

I have some things for this thread, need to go dig them out when I get home.

I know it's not brewing equipment, but I figure there have to be some whiskey drinkers that might have a use for them. I have an extra set of brand new whiskey stones if someone wants them.

teroforma-whisky-rocks.jpg

Edit: Gone to Regulation

I was lucky enough to get in on the Simcoe hops from Label Peelers last week. I can part with 6 oz of Simcoe in the spirit of the season & also to give back something to the HBT community that has given me so much info and joy. Caveat emptor: I don't have a way to vaccuum seal the hops. I'll double-ziplock bag them and carefully squeeze out as much air as I can before I mail them.

Cheers!

Edit: GONE to SenorPepe

Gawd Iffy! That looks like a good way to break your teeth!

I was lucky enough to get in on the Simcoe hops from Label Peelers last week. I can part with 6 oz of Simcoe in the spirit of the season & also to give back something to the HBT community that has given me so much info and joy. Caveat emptor: I don't have a way to vaccuum seal the hops. I'll double-ziplock bag them and carefully squeeze out as much air as I can before I mail them.

Cheers!

I would love these. Have a few brews that are on hold til I get some.

IffyG, drink a lot of scotch, most neat cuz I don't like to water it down but whiskey stones would be super cool, I'd take um!

Official 2011 "Pay it Forward" Thread

If you have any extra gear, post it here and send it (for free) to the first person who responds IN THIS THREAD.

Rules:
1 item per person, unless an item is unclaimed for a long period of time. Also, the donator gets to decide if all items go together to one person, or to separate the items.

Once an item is claimed, edit your post (or ask me to do it) with "Gone- to Yooper (or whoever took the item!)

If an item is large, the donator can ask the recipient to pay shipping. Otherwise, the item is free.

Ready..............Set.......................Go!

EDIT: No "reneges". If you post something up as a free item, don't "ebay" it off after. That goes against the spirit of this thread. If you don't want to participate, that's fine! But don't offer up an item and then change your mind, or you will be banned from receiving.

Also, note that this year the "one item per person" is pinked, bolded, underlined and italicized. I think that should be adequate to remind you that one per customer is the rule. If we have abuse again this year, we will no longer do this, plus I will step in and stop the transactions.

It doesnt look bolded, underlined, and italicized to me, Yoop. You better fix that to avoid confusion! JK!

I will definitely be in this, I didnt do it last year. I'll check what I have at home tonight.

I have 1.6 oz of dried sour orange zest from last years crop. The oranges were washed, zested in long strips using a veggie peeler (no pith) then dried in a food dehydrator. The fruit are coming in season and I will be zesting and drying more soon. Great for wits, just grind before using to release all the essential oils!

EDIT: Gone to ChadChaney

IMG_0153.jpg

I would love to have the orange zest! My wife wants me to make her a Wit. I am a relatively new brewer, but I will see what I can dig up too.

After finals I can assess my brewing spoils and see if I have anything I don't need. I might be able to part with some bottles and possibly some yeast. Will check back in later.

Hmmmm...

hey guys, if you take something from someone, you're supposed to give up something for someone else. that's how this game is played on my other forums....

to all those "givers" - :mug:

to all those "takers" - come on man!

It may be like that on your other forums, but Yooper never put it in the rules so it's not necessarily that way with this. It is after all a gratuity, not a swap.

It may be like that on your other forums, but Yooper never put it in the rules so it's not necessarily that way with this. It is after all a gratuity, not a swap.

Its in the name of the thread.
If you are lucky enough to receive an item from another member, you are supposed to pay that luck forward, by giving up an item for the next lucky member that wants it. Hence the name PAY IT FORWARD. Not give your stuff away to greedy people that don't return the favor to someone else.

So is the thread at a stand off then, while subscribed members wait for something they consider valuable to show up before they extend their generosity?

"I'm not going to be generous until someone else is generous first."

Ok I've got some hops I'd like to send off with someone. I'll have to check when I get home, but I think it's about 4 ounces of Zeus leaf and 4 ounces of either cascade or nugget pellets, can't remember which.

*booherb gets em*

So is the thread at a stand off then, while subscribed members wait for something they consider valuable to show up before they extend their generosity?

"I'm not going to be generous until someone else is generous first."

Ok I've got some hops I'd like to send off with someone. I'll have to check when I get home, but I think it's about 4 ounces of Zeus leaf and 4 ounces of either cascade or nugget pellets, can't remember which.

I'd love some hops! I don't need all 8oz though :)

I have a candy thermometer if anyone wants it... although I think all of us have one of those by now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back