Homebrewer in Toronto

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome fellow Canuck! :mug:

If you're here to save money you'll be disappointed. We're all obsessed with this hobby. There's always just this one last piece of gear that will make our brewery perfect.......... ;)

I think I would keep buying new equipment if it meant cutting down on time and effort. But it seems that each extra step means more work and more sterilizing.

Welcome! not to far form each other...I'm brewing down in the Shwa.

And Bradsul is right... brewing the beer is cheap...but the obssession of constently trying to get better equipment is what takes a tole on you. If you are a good DIY'er then you'll be better off than most.

My club has been at it for a little over a year, and has spent aprox $3000 in equipment. The only way I think that homebrewing can be cheap, is if you get into a club with a decent number of members. SWMBO would have left me had I spent all that money myself, before even making a 'good' beer.

I doubt it would be had to find brewers in T.O. though....

Back