New fermentation chamber

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronbeer

Reaction score
ok let me start by saying....DO NOT BUILD A CHAMBER TO SAVE MONEY!!!!!!!!

ok now that I have that off my chest. I finished my chamber yesterday. Here are some pics of my baby!

IMG_9500.jpg

IMG_9505.jpg

IMG_9510.jpg

IMG_9514.jpg

IMG_9517.jpg

That looks really nice!

Where does your fridge give off its heat? If its one of the models that has the heat exchanger coils running on the sides of the metal box, then your just going to be heating the inside of your chamber. You can tell by turning it on and putting your hands on the sides of the fridge. If they are warm, your going to have to figure something else out.

Well Done!!! It looks really nice and I like the design you chose. One thing to consider... You may want to add another muffin fan to circulate the air outside of the fridge. Please let us know how the temperature stratification is throughout the chamber.

I like the stain color you chose.

very nice, i love the stain coulor it could be a shade darker, to hide the beer rings on them better, but close enough. Very nice setup I love the fact that your stirplate is top and center on the top. It looks very nice and professional.

There is a 6inch space infront of the fridge, and the fan is angled so the air flows to the side toward the carboys.

bring on the hot weather so i can see my baby in action! It went from 70 to 29 in one day! So now I almost need a heating element as well. But I cant add that, because my controller is cold only :(

I'm surprised that little fridge can maintain cool temps at this volume.

Nice. Make sure you update because I'd be interested in doing something similar.

That looks really nice!

Where does your fridge give off its heat? If its one of the models that has the heat exchanger coils running on the sides of the metal box, then your just going to be heating the inside of your chamber. You can tell by turning it on and putting your hands on the sides of the fridge. If they are warm, your going to have to figure something else out.

+1 to this, not sure if you addressed it already.

Other than that, nicely done!:mug:

bring on the hot weather so i can see my baby in action! It went from 70 to 29 in one day! So now I almost need a heating element as well. But I cant add that, because my controller is cold only :(

You can still add a low wattage heat source and use it to maintain temps. It might fight with the fridge a little (ie run at the same time) so it could be wasting some energy.

And Holy dead thread oops.

Back