SA Cream Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny013

Reaction score
All I can say is DAMN! I picked up the Winter Classics 12 pack, was intrigued by the cream stout and decided to give it a shot.

Beautiful dark color, dark brown around the edges, with a nice thick and creamy dark brown head. Nice aroma, delicious, creamy, thick texture and mouthfeel, nice pleasant malt sweetness with a hint of roasted chocolate and lingering flavor of hops. Not a very bitter beer (I think they use un-roasted barley instead) but still delicious.

I'd have to say that this was one of the better stouts I've had. I wish I could find it by itself, I buy a case or two right now, lol.

Anyone have a good clone recipe? Extract preferred. Something similar will definitly be my next brew.

They had a single 6-pack of SA cream stout at a local grocery store here about a month or more ago, right in the middle of a huge pile of 2 of their other beers, like it didn't belong there. I didn't buy it, and haven't seen it for sale since - now I sort of wish I had.

I too love the SA Cream Stout. When I first started appreciating beer, I wanted to try a stout that wasn't Guiness, and the SA was the first one I grabbed. Austin Homebrew Supply has a clone kit. Not sure how close it is, as I haven't had it, but people say really good things about AHS kits in general.

Had the SWMBO pick up the winter classics case at Costco tonight. Went with the cream stout as well, very good and proof that Sam Adams can turn out a decent brew.

I too love the SA Cream Stout. In fact I have the AHS clone in my secondary as I type..... Can't wait to see how she turns out.....

Back