Rasputin SCORE!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexdagrate

Reaction score
My local Albertson's has a pretty impressive beer selection, but they still adhere to the old grocery store rules on clearances, so they often sell big, aged beers for a reduced rate to rotate their stock.

I've taken advantage of this before: cheap bottles of Unibroue and Chimay here or there.

Then, today, I see a shopping cart FULL of North Coast Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, $7.50 a 4-pack. It's normally $10.50 a 4-pack.

I take the sign off of the cart and wheel it right up to the register.

I think some of this stuff might already be a year old, and was mainly stored in the low-light cooler.

Here's to old beer! :mug:

Nice score! My Albertson's has good craft beer too, but they never have so much that they put it on clearance.

That is a very classy move! The whole shopping cart right to the front. I hope you were so excited you forgot whatever you went to get in the first place.

Well it's not that bad for beer. But the food is meh, have to drive to saint louis for a good grocery store.......

Hahaha that is awesome I dont know what I would think if I saw someone just walk to the register with a display cart full of beer.

What was the total cost of this score?

I hope you age half of it another year! A friend gave me a case of red hooks extra special birthday (esb with belgian yeast) for my birthday, I'm saving half for as long as I can stand

Saw Old Rasputin here in Anchorage the other day. Had that beer on nitrogen before....'twas awesome!

Then, today, I see a shopping cart FULL of North Coast Old Rasputin Russian Imperial Stout, $7.50 a 4-pack. It's normally $10.50 a 4-pack.
I take the sign off of the cart and wheel it right up to the register.

That's the most awesome thing I've read all day! Hope you bought a lottery ticket too!
Regards, GF. :mug:

Back