Best grains for a fruit beer.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FastTony

Reaction score
Hello everyone I was going to start a high gravity fruit infused ale. Something similar to soft parade i am just curious to know some good grains and Malts to use wit this an extract brew. I'm not set up for all grain yet.
Any info will help.

FastTony said:
Hello everyone I was going to start a high gravity fruit infused ale. Something similar to soft parade i am just curious to know some good grains and Malts to use wit this an extract brew. I'm not set up for all grain yet.
Any info will help.

A lot of it depends on what you like to drink. You can fruit just about any style of beer you want and there is some beauty behind that. I have never had access to Soft Parade but have heard of it. Start with a style you really enjoy and do some research on recipes then go from there. I recently added blueberries to a wee heavy and have yet to crack open a bottle. Good luck!

I find fruit goes best with blondes and wheats. Anything darker and the fruit gets lost.

Make sure you add the fruit in after the primary fermentation.

I've made a stout with 3 lbs of raspberry puree. The raspberry did not get lost; in fact, it pretty much dominated the beer.

It depends on the fruit. For example raspberry has a strong upfront aroma and taste while blueberry's rather subtle. I once added 4 lbs of in season crushed blueberry to a 3 gallon batch of hybrid wheat and it came out very good after three months in the bottle.

Also, don't neglect the yeast flavors and how they interact with your fruit.

Latest posts

Back