F^@%(&g kids!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cromwell said:
Wow. You all scare me. Seriously scare me. Anyone who thinks hitting a 20 year old kid is the right way to teach her the difference between right and wrong is seriously messed up.

I didn't know the youngest was 20 I thought that was the oldest. And again, not beating, just spanking

Sure is nice living in Canada, where internet piracy is merely frowned upon as opposed to illegal.

Lots of interesting posts, for sure. I sure didn't mean to start any fights amongst you folks. I was just blowing off a little steam. The issue is being dealt with in a way we can all live with, and next we'll deal with the ISP as well. Thanks everyone, for your input.

I' In the meantime, I have to write a letter explaining what measures have been taken to remove the illegal files and ensure against repeat violations.

I would be careful writing that letter...
You could just be sending them an admission of guilt.

Gear101 said:

Tell them you had a virus/Trojan that did it. Tell them you replaced then PC with a TV to prevent the problem.

I'm going to drop this so as not to threadjack, but whichever way you slice it your privacy is being infringed on. Its not legal for a private company to snoop on people

Yes, taking IP addresses that are shown in any torrent program is illegal but stealing movies is not.

Seriously, you pretty much have to download gigs & gigs of stuff for them to notice, so they were probably downloading tons of movies. That'll get you flagged quickly.

Kinda what I was thinking. I have a good friend that has a 2T hard drive just for his music (all pirated) and it is almost full. He has never heard one word from anyone about it.

This is just about right. This is NOT me or my vid.

NM beat me to the vid...post above me...

Also I would MAKE the kids all have their very own Netflix account, that they pay for. $8 a month is better than a lawsuit.

Steve I'd be careful about what you 'admit' to the ISP. It could be used against you down the road.

As for how to deal with your daughter...fire up the pizza oven, take her out back, have her computer sitting next to the oven. After she freaks out...throw her mouse into the oven. Tell her if it happens again...the whole pc goes in...

...that or a horse head in the bed always seems to get the message across.

Steve I'd be careful about what you 'admit' to the ISP. It could be used against you down the road.

As for how to deal with your daughter...fire up the pizza oven, take her out back, have her computer sitting next to the oven. After she freaks out...throw her mouse into the oven. Tell her if it happens again...the whole pc goes in...

Plus 1
Toss that bad boy in the mircowave for 30 sec...will cook everything.. just watch out for arching.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hear it Evets. And it is a shame that your "kid" adult age daughter does not understand or respect the laws. It is unfortunate but she leaves you no choice but to cut her off from internet service in your home, and any other technology that your paying for.

I have a son that is half the age of your daughter and he understands the repercussions to improper internet activities, it will come at a cost. Though we have never had to enforce our policy, we refer it in our household as "going Amish". You get a candle and a book that's it. I figured you would get it considering where you live.:D

Tell them you had a virus/Trojan that did it. Tell them you replaced then PC with a TV to prevent the problem.

As for not admitting to or lying to his ISP, the op has a 20 year old daughter who has proven that IMHO could use "a bite out of the reality sandwich", and it sounds like he has that covered. If he were to lie/ignore the situation, what kind of example do you think he would be setting for his child?

I've only filled up about 1T hard drive with music I've downloaded. Although I've switched ISP's and have used multiple programs to achieve the file size.

I assume with movies as the size is larger the HD would get filled much quicker.

I remember the good ol days of dial up and OG Napster where I would click on 15 songs right before bed to wake up with them all downloaded. Now its click on 15 songs and by the time I'm clicking the 12th song the 1st will already be downloaded.

And I'm all for seeing 20yo getting spanked. Please post video.

Back