Looking for a used keg for brew kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oconnor1981

Reaction score
I live in the Minneapolis, MN area, and am wondering if anyone has a source or a starting point for me finding a used beer keg or two for making a all-grain brewing system. I would probably be willing to get them shipped if it's an option:mug:

Ive often wondered if you can call up the distributers and buy there kegs that have problems that make them unable to be reused. never tried it though

Distributors wont sell them because the brewery owns them i started this exact thread last week and it got people argueing.

Long story short i put out a wanted add looking for kegs on craigslist and i got 2 calls the same day. Got 3 kegs for 75 bucks.....cant beat that

It's an ongoing debate about the ethics behind aquiring sankes for brew kettles. You'll be hard pressed to find pics of brew rigs on here that use anything other than "repurposed" kegs. All the high and mighties are just upset that they paid 10 times what you did.

I suspect this thread will be locked soon because the topic has been beat like a red-headed step child. Get your supplies where you feel comfortable. Short of holding up your local beer guy and stealing his kegs, you may be able to avoid some hard time.

Barring any ethical concerns about buying kegs from anywhere but the brewery or distributor, look around on Craigslist.

I got a used keg for $20 that I now use as a keggle. I posted up a 'want to buy' ad for a sanke and got about 5 emails for people asking at the most $40 for em

Back