michigan predators spring brew day 5-01-2010

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eff it i found my damn hydrometer and it read 1.006. still a tad low but damn is it gonna be good when its carbed.

now to finish the kitchen so i can get my brewkart back for saturday. unless someone has a waist high table i can use?

30psi and shake the crap out of it for a few minutes. It'll be carbed. :D

My kids have a soccer game @11:30, so I'll be by after that.

Z.

We'll be there.

I'm brewing 10 gallons of a Dunkelweizen.
Smoking up two "fattys" and some ABT's for food.

I think the host (she's on here so I don't know why she's not posting) said that she's brewing a black IPA and I "think" she said she was making pizza.

I can bring an 8' folding table. Very sturdy.

I may also have a rain shelter type thing, but not sure for sure. I thought we bought one at one time, but I don't recall ever using it. I'll bring it if I have it. Supposed to rain a bit, mostly in morning though.

I am really looking forward to this, but I don't plan on brewing anything. Just helping/watching/learning....

I do plan to bring some type of food like substance, but don't know exactly what yet....

Z.

I am really looking forward to this, but I don't plan on brewing anything. Just helping/watching/learning....

I do plan to bring some type of food like substance, but don't know exactly what yet....

Z.

bring some gear and brew man, don't be shy.

Homer - I think the table may be a good idea.

Turns out I have almost all the grains I need for the brew at my house. Just need some wheat and munich. Have some hops that my wife's cousin who's a pro brewer gave me. So all I need is a little grain and the yeast.

Picked up all the food stuff and was going to make up most of it tonight but now heading out to a bonfire to drink some homebrew.
See you all in the morning.

I'll bring the table. Need to strap it to the roof though. My wife and a friend are coming with.

Well, time to start wrapping some shrimp! See ya later!

I'll bring the table. Need to strap it to the roof though. My wife and a friend are coming with.

Well, time to start wrapping some shrimp! See ya later!

Hmmm, bacon wrapped shrimp. :rockin:

It's going to be a fattening day. Everything I'm cooking is wrapped in bacon too. :D

FYI her road is a dirt road that is right in a turn. If you have any problems call me or her. My number is 616 890 9723. Hers I pmed to you.

i dont know what happened to xiang and the others who didn't make it but dang that was a pretty good brew day. troy those fatties where the chit and rache better pm me that pizza recipe:D

oh yeah the beer is already a bubbling.

What a great day! It was a pleasure to have you guys and I'm looking forward to doing it again next year! Many thanks to all who came, you made it a blast! The food, beer, and company were all quite a treat and excellent on many levels!

Sorry i didn't make it out there :( . I worked 10hrs Friday night. Got home and loaded up the car. Took a quick 2hr nap before my son's 10am baseball game (he pitched 3 innings, 0 hits, hit one batter and struck out 8). I made the mistake of sitting in the recliner when we got back waiting for the wife to get home and I was KO'd. Woke up just after 6pm wondering wtf just happened?

I had a blast meeting people and seeing how others do things. Everything was good. I am even working up the courage to make my next batch be all grain. I'm thinking something simple like a blonde or a steam beer.

Z.

Sorry I got back to posting so late. I've been busy since the party. Man that was a great time! The beer, the food... Almost everything except the pizzas were wrapped in bacon! Pulled pork and homemade pizza.

Thanks to Rachael and Sarah for being there and proving that ladies can be brewers too. As soon as I got there I wished I had brought my stuff for brewing, but next time. This time I got to sit back and see how others do it.

Troy, that Raspberry Chocolate Stout hit the spot yesterday. Grabbed a glass to drink while I welded on my mower deck, and another watching the Red Wings lose. My wife even said it wasn't bad (she doesn't drink beer, so that's a real compliment!)

I know my friend Tom had a good time too. I can't believe we pretty much ate all that food either! Was there anything left?

wow that was a really quick ferment. she's already almost done dropping out i'll still give it another wk before it hits the keg though.

wow that was a really quick ferment. she's already almost done dropping out i'll still give it another wk before it hits the keg though.

I left mine out in the garage under some jackets to keep the light out of it. So it's had some crazy ferment temp swings. low 70's to mid 40's. Should make for and interesting brew. Took it about 8 hours to start fermenting (I even way under pitched it) and it was done Tuesday night. :drunk:

I'm still irked that I missed this. :mad:

Me too. I let a little thing like 500 miles stand between me and a great brewday. I had so much fine with you guys last time that I'd love to do it again.

My place is always available to you guys, anytime. Keep that in mind when planning your summer vacations! I have kayaks, a pontoon boat, and all the toys needed for a lake in the Northwoods. I'd host a brew day, if you guys would come!

Oh, by the way- notice the kinder, gentler Yooper. When homercidal said something like he realizes now that ladies can brew, I didn't take it (too) personally.

I found out my mistake. I said to my wife last night that I thought the ladies liked a little ribbing now and again, and she said, no, they like a little "Rubbing" now and again.

So sorry, Yoop and all the other ladies. But the offer is out there to make it up to you.

:D

Back