My New Brew Closet....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ceedubya

Reaction score
So after several weeks of wheeling and dealing with SWMBO she has begrudgingly agreed to let me have a large closet in our bedroom. Basically there was an extra closet in our bedroom that she was using to store a bunch of her crap, and photo albums and pictures, and suitcases. I had to do some trading for some other space, but got the closet. the deal is, she gets the closet back when I get my brewshed built (whenever that is ;)

Basically all of my brewing equipment will fit in here, and it will make nice fermentation room. I am still working out how I plan to keep temps where I want them. My plan for now is to remove the wall panels, add some insulation and recover the walls in cedar. Build shelves across the back to hold all of my bottles, kegs, and equipment. And finally, I will have all temp control and monitoring equipment on the outside above the door, so I don't have to go in to see what is going on.

I will be adding pics to this post as I make progress.

the great part is, If I ever do get an outside brew shed (crossing my fingers) SWMBO will end up with a nice closet that is useable and all of the crap she had crammed in there will have a home already so she can use it for something worthwhile. OR, I will add a safe and turn it into my gunroom :rockin:

Wow! A fermentation room in your bedroom would be the bomb. When it's full it's going to be all peaceful like an aquarium... bloop... bloop... bloop! :D

Nice work!! My SWMBO gave me the front hall closet to keep all of my brewing crap in b/c she didn't want it all over the house. Now it's basically just my fermentation chamber and half the garage houses all of my crap.

It makes a great place to ferment though -- nice and dark.

Wow! A fermentation room in your bedroom would be the bomb. When it's full it's going to be all peaceful like an aquarium... bloop... bloop... bloop! :D

Yeah, and think of the heavenly smell of fermentation permeating the love nest!

Bet she has the shed kit delivered before you pull the first panel.

If not then, my guess is soon after the first night with an active primary.

Thats the dream anyway! I had planned on fabricating something in the living room, but this is a way better deal as it doesn't take up space I don't have.

Yeah, and think of the heavenly smell of fermentation permeating the love nest!

Beats what is usually permeating it after a night with too many homebrews:p

then you can blame the Apfewein instead of the dog when she yells "DID YOU FART"
:D

Back