This forum is laid back

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewBrothaRick

Reaction score
Members of this forum are much more laid back than other forums I've been to. I haven't seen anybody bitching about spelling errors or urging to do searches so far. Just wanted to let you guys know how much I enjoy the environment in here.:)

BrewBrothaRick said:
Members of this forum are much more laid back than other forums I've been to. I haven't seen anybody bitching about spelling errors or urging to do searches so far. Just wanted to let you guys know how much I enjoy the environment in here.:)

I stress the searching thing occasionally--but I only make stink about it if the thread is a few below what the person just asked. :p

But yes, this is a great forum. Hardly any bickering and if there is those people are shown the door quickly. We are all like brothers who gang up on the enemy. :)

I agree and it makes sense, all of the homebrewers ive ever met are laid back. Any club ive ever visited is laid back. I guess the type of people that get into something like this are just doing it for themselves and not trying to impress any one, when you get a bunch of people like that together its hard to have a bad time. :eek:

Whitay said:
I agree and it makes sense, all of the homebrewers ive ever met are laid back. Any club ive ever visited is laid back. I guess the type of people that get into something like this are just doing it for themselves and not trying to impress any one, when you get a bunch of people like that together its hard to have a bad time. :eek:

I agree for the most part--but I've seen some serious egos when it comes to homebrewers too. Some people take this hobby and themselves WAY too seriously.
I've only been brewing for a litlte over a year and I'm actually startying to get more laid back about it now. Sure I get frustrated if things go wrong, but now I at least know where to go if I need advice, and encouragement. ;)

This is indeed a very cool place. It is the first forum I joined, so a great introduction. I also belong to another UK-based brewing forum, and that is just as laid back, so there is definitely something to be said about brewers!

We are a band of brewing brothers and sisters. :D :cool:

We indeed seem to be very grown up here.

I have seen other forums where people just don't seem to get along.

Even though many here have different believes regarding ingredients and techniques, we don't try to force these believes onto each other. There was only one case that involved the use of beach and the marines. But this has been solved fairly quickly.

Kai

Dude said:
I've seen some serious egos when it comes to homebrewers too. Some people take this hobby and themselves WAY too seriously.

I went to one meeting of a brew club here in the Raleigh several months ago, and decided I would not ever go back for a number of reasons:

(1) there was not much in the way of constructive/educational discussion. They simply talked about upcoming contests/festivals/etc and then they passed around a bunch of homebrew for sampling. The beer was great, but I wasn't getting anything useful out of the whole thing, except for the recipes (they were read off as the beer was passed around.)

(2) one of the beers that came around was a vanilla stout. I poured a sample, rolled it around in the glass, and gave a big whiff. It smelled good, but it reminded me of my grandfather's pipe tobacco. I made this comment to the brewer, and it offended him. That was not my intention, it was just an innocent observation, but he took it as an insult to his beer and his skills.

I'm never going back.

-walker

Walker - No wonder why he was insulted, vanilla stouts are supposted to remind you of grama's cigars.

yep, i agree 100%. it's the reson i keep coming back (plus the general chit-chat and drunken ramblings are fun! ).

i think the most part is we ARE mature beer lovers and have that same sense of dry humor. you have to w/ beer!

My other major hobby is photography. The level of civility in this forum compared to a photography forum I have participated in is simply in an entirely different league. Although there are many nice people there I refuse to post any images at their forum because there are others who will simply tear anything anyone has to offer to shreds. The people here are almost without exception friendly, helpful, polite and, above all, laid back, as the title of this thread states. I am very happy to have found homebrewing as a hobby. This forum plays a major part in my enjoyment of homebrewing (although, quite frankly that role pales in comparison to the fact that I get to drink my results :drunk:).

Wasn't there already a thread about this? ;)
I've only been brewing for a few months and in that time I've already gained the knowledge and more importantly the confidence to move to AG, mostly due to the laid-back atmoshphere of this board. I have also never seen a board with so many jibes at members and everyone keeps their sense of humor and jibes right back. You don't think it could be because we're constantly drunk? I wonder what homegrowntalk.com is like? Can't possibly be more laid back than this.

Laid back?!? F!#$%*^&*!#$%%*^%(& you man!

(psych!)

Yep, so laid back here my productivity at work has gone right down the drain . . . and I really don't feel too bad about that. :p

AHU

Why would anybody want to be a part of a cyber world community that was freaked out and stressed? I get enough of that in the real world. It isn't a black and white world, (Black and Tan maybe) celebrate the grey!

AllHoppedUp said:
Laid back?!? F!#$%*^&*!#$%%*^%(& you man!

(psych!)

Yep, so laid back here my productivity at work has gone right down the drain . . . and I really don't feel too bad about that. :p

AHU

Damn, somebody beat me to it. I was going to post essentially the same thing.

Also, I just noticed this smilie :fro: and thought it should go into a post. Man, that's just funny.

Dude said:
Yeah, tell that nOOb to do a search!

MY SMILIE IS HERE!!!!! YES!!!! :rockin: :rockin:
God I hate that smilie. :mad: I hate that one almost as much as that dancing banana, so I guess it will show up next. :mad:

El Pistolero said:
God I hate that smilie. :mad: I hate that one almost as much as that dancing banana, so I guess it will show up next. :mad:
This one?
n045.gif

sorry

El Pistolero said:
God I hate that smilie. I hate that one almost as much as that dancing banana, so I guess it will show up next.

Ha ha! I just used that smiley in a different thread and was thinking about how much I liked it! Lennon would not approve of your lack of tolerance.

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

Hey, I just noticed if you line'em all up they do the wave. I think their waving at you El P! Like so many little ants working towards a common purpose.

*Ah schucks - only lets you use 4 images. Kinda ruins the effect.

sudsmonkey said:
...Or maybe we're all just really, really cool.:tank: :drunk:

I am pretty sure that I am really, really cool. I can't speak for the rest of you though :ban:

sudsmonkey said:
Maybe we're all just really, really cool. Maybe alcohol really IS a sedative, like they say. Or maybe we're all just really, really cool.:tank: :drunk:

Maybe, just maybe, drinking is cool and all the guidance cousellors were wrong ,'/ (I fart in the gereral direction of your made-for-tv smilies!)

Cheyco said:
Maybe, just maybe, drinking is cool and all the guidance cousellors were wrong ,'/ (I fart in the gereral direction of your made-for-tv smilies!)

Why you wanna be down on my smileys ? After I sat at the guidance counsellors' office with you and heard how we'd never amount to anything, and drinking would get us nowhere.
I'm hurt, man ! Injured!
You've made me use this ::ban: And this silly sumbitch::fro: , and this::rockin:

I was the model for this one::drunk:

sudsmonkey said:
Why you wanna be down on my smileys ? After I sat at the guidance counsellors' office with you and heard how we'd never amount to anything, and drinking would get us nowhere.
I'm hurt, man ! Injured!
You've made me use this ::ban: And this silly sumbitch::fro: , and this::rockin:

I was the model for this one:

Well, I thought I spilled a beer on this one but I realized my beer is cold. Where did this wet spot come from.? I know it has something to do with this post.:confused:

Back