Northern Brewer's 115TH Dream Hopbursted Blend IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. That was too easy. Guess I should have looked into that before posting. As the saying goes, there's no such thing as a stupid question. There are however, stupid people who ask questions! Thanks!

No dry hops per the recipe. I brewed the minimash version in March. Very tasty, but its still green so I'm aging it. If I were to brew it again I would dry hop to get a nose that suits the flavor.

A little advice: repitch yeast when bottling to aid carbonation.

A little advice: repitch yeast when bottling to aid carbonation.

I'm raising this thread from the dead to ask about this

When people say "repitch yeast" do they mean a WHOLE new packet? Also, I am going to use liquid yeast for the fermentation, is repitching with Safale S-05 going to throw the flavor off in a bad way or does the carbing process not really give off much flavor?

I used US-05 for the fermentation and pitched T-58 (the whole packet) into the bottling bucket. Tasted awesome. I'm planning on brewing this one again, but I'm adding gelatin 3-4 days prior to racking to the bottling bucket, re-pitching and bottling becuase there is a LOT of trub in the bottles.

I am hearing a lot of people talking about trouble carbing this one up in bottles. I am surprsied. I've done a lot of 7-8% ABV brews and have never had trouble getting bottles carbed. By this recipe if you got the OG they shot for (1.087) and a reasonable FG (I got 1.017) then you end up in the 9-10% range. I'm sure I probably started higher (I used a hop spider and had relatively little volume lost to absorption) and ended up somewhere in the 11-12% range.

That said it was lightly carbonated at bottling time and less than 24 hours later, a quick shake and I'm seeing plenty of bubbles in the bottle... what's everybody else doing? *hic* I used 1056 with a huuuuge starter. It's supposedly tolerant to 11% abv.

Resurrecting again, anyone swapped centennials for the cascades? I happen to have 3 pounds in the freezer lol.

Thanks for clearing up the contents of the "Hopburst Blend". I got this kit and was wanting to put together a clone recipe on brewtoad.com for future reference (and to tweak it later if I want to change anything). I'm guessing the folks with problems carbing in bottles likely didn't use a starter. I'm waiting till I get a stirplate before I make this one, then gonna use 1056. I don't wanna mess around and underpitch. With all you put into this beer, it'd be a shame to have a stuck fermentation.

Latest posts

Back