Show Us Your Label

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rye ipa

ruddy baker evolution.jpg

I got nothing.
I'd like to have a logo for my "brewery" (The Obnoxious Beast), but I'm no good at artistic stuff. I'm too left brained I guess. I have a general idea, but no skills to make it happen.

The beers I gave away recently had a plain white label with no art...just the name and specs on the beer. Sad but true.

I got nothing.
I'd like to have a logo for my "brewery" (The Obnoxious Beast), but I'm no good at artistic stuff. I'm too left brained I guess. I have a general idea, but no skills to make it happen.

The beers I gave away recently had a plain white label with no art...just the name and specs on the beer. Sad but true.

show us some images that you like and we shall make you some labels. 'The Obnoxious Beast' you say, should not be so difficult.

show us some images that you like and we shall make you some labels. 'The Obnoxious Beast' you say, should not be so difficult.

That would be awesome. I don't have a specific image per se, just an idea. My cat sits on her haunches and paws the air to get my attention.

Kinda like the attached, but only the top half and looking directly at the viewer.

I was thinking a very simple minimalist non-descript beast (not necessarily a cat) doing that would be cool. I can't think of the artist who'd draw a picture of a woman that would be like 7 lines, but that style.

images.jpg

That would be awesome. I don't have a specific image per se, just an idea. My cat sits on her haunches and paws the air to get my attention.

Kinda like the attached, but only the top half and looking directly at the viewer.

I was thinking a very simple minimalist non-descript beast (not necessarily a cat) doing that would be cool. I can't think of the artist who'd draw a picture of a woman that would be like 7 lines, but that style.

I see, just out of interest what does the obnoxious refer to? something else? Is it your cat? What about a tiger or a wolf? they are pretty beast! I actually thought of the Xmen for some strange reason, like Wolverine or the Best himself. I did google it but all i got was beauty and the beast images. :(

I see, just out of interest what does the obnoxious refer to? something else? Is it your cat? What about a tiger or a wolf? they are pretty beast! I actually thought of the Xmen for some strange reason, like Wolverine or the Best himself. I did google it but all i got was beauty and the beast images. :(

I have a couple cats and a couple dogs. I affectionately call them my obnoxious beasts, so that's where the name came from. I name most of my beers with animal names. NEIPAs with the same base recipe but varying hops are all called something juice like dingo juice, coyote juice, armadillo juice, etc. My pseudo BA stout is called Tuxedo Beast after the tuxedo cat since the cat is mostly black and so is the stout (of course).

I'm not married to any particular beast for the logo, something snarling, paws up with a flaming mane or hair would be cool (just as an idea).

I have a couple cats and a couple dogs. I affectionately call them my obnoxious beasts, so that's where the name came from. I name most of my beers with animal names. NEIPAs with the same base recipe but varying hops are all called something juice like dingo juice, coyote juice, armadillo juice, etc. My pseudo BA stout is called Tuxedo Beast after the tuxedo cat since the cat is mostly black and so is the stout (of course).

I'm not married to any particular beast for the logo, something snarling, paws up with a flaming mane or hair would be cool (just as an idea).

ok I understand, please say what type of beer it is, or the IBU's or ABV, something like this perhaps.

beast.png

ok I understand, please say what type of beer it is, or the IBU's or ABV, something like this perhaps.

Ha! that's pretty cool. Not sure I'm into the cryptic font, but it's pretty cool. I'd definitely print those and put 'em on my next beer.

The next beer to be bottled is my Tuxedo Beast Stout. 7.8% ABV, aged 3 months on oak with Blanton's bourbon and vanilla beans.

I got nothing.

e9d0caa98b1fbfedd188b4b3470ade82--birthday-boys-birthday-parties.jpg

Many fine products have generic labels.

I kid, I kid . . . .

Ha! that's pretty cool. Not sure I'm into the cryptic font, but it's pretty cool. I'd definitely print those and put 'em on my next beer.

The next beer to be bottled is my Tuxedo Beast Stout. 7.8% ABV, aged 3 months on oak with Blanton's bourbon and vanilla beans.

I can change the font if you like no problem to something a little less macabre.

Tuxedo beast Stout, 7.8% (wow) Aged 3 months. Is it a Russian Imperial Stout? I have a great Idea for an Russian imperial Stout, but its an image of a lady, just her face mind you. Its all black and she just kind of appears out of it, looks way Russian.

I can change the font if you like no problem to something a little less macabre.

Tuxedo beast Stout, 7.8% (wow) Aged 3 months. Is it a Russian Imperial Stout? I have a great Idea for an Russian imperial Stout, but its an image of a lady, just her face mind you. Its all black and she just kind of appears out of it, looks way Russian.

It's a strange beast. I'm not sure how to categorize. It was a high gravity porter recipe that I augmented with flaked oats and a boost in both base grain and roasted malts. An imperial oatmeal stout? You're RIS label sounds cool...goo with that?

It's a strange beast. I'm not sure how to categorize. It was a high gravity porter recipe that I augmented with flaked oats and a boost in both base grain and roasted malts. An imperial oatmeal stout? You're RIS label sounds cool...goo with that?

An Imperial Oatmeal Stout. 2awesome! :)

This was my idea, not sure how well its worked, but its ok. I would put it on a bottle of Imperial Stout.

imperial_oatmeal_stout.png

I liked this. It was based on an Inkscape tutorial on youtube. Search for Ardent Designs, a lady from California posted the tutorial. Inkscape is an open source vector graphics program. She says it was for beginners but its for intermediates I would say.

beer_logo.jpg

Latest posts

Back