One spunding valve for two kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bugaboo

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Just started 10 gallon batches fermented in two cornys. Last couple days been studying spunding valves and just had the thought of using one spunding for two cornies by simply putting a cross in place of the tee. One end of cross for gauge, one end for pressure relief valve, and the other two attached to the qds for the each corny.

That should equilibrate the pressure in both, making them equally carbonated.

An interesting idea.

Yep, it works. I was trying to look up where another guy did a manifold for multiple kegs and only one SV, but I can't find anything at the moment.

Oi... all this right after I built my second spunding valve. Oh well, sometimes they need to be in completely different places.

"Why Ike, whatevah do you mean?" <---Gotta love Tombstone!!!

Ike, yep, as long as you want the same pressure in multiple kegs you can control with just valve. You are right though, two comes in handy when you have more than one batch fermenting, or one batch done and needing transfer.

Just started 10 gallon batches fermented in two cornys. Last couple days been studying spunding valves and just had the thought of using one spunding for two cornies by simply putting a cross in place of the tee. One end of cross for gauge, one end for pressure relief valve, and the other two attached to the qds for the each corny.

Bugaboo, How has this been working out for you? I recently asked this question on Wortmonger's long thread, albeit not as eloquently, and not all that many corny users have posted there, Poindexter being one of them...

I just did my first primary fermentation in a corny with a blow off tube. I would love to step it up a notch and make my first 10 gallon batch and split it in two, pressure fermenting with "one spunding valve for two kegs".

Thanks...

Because I wanted to add an extra CO2 to my keezer for cold crashing and ended up changing my spunding valve but I'll show you the different parts and how they were attached.

The spunding valve originally was attached to the manifold, then there were multiple hoses coming off of the manifold to the keg. the only real difference between the picture from inside the keg was, instead of the line coming in from the CO2 there was the spunding valve. I quickly tried to Photoshop it back together. If you have any questions I'll try and answer them for you. :mug:

IMG_9969.jpg

IMG_9969 copy.jpg

IMG_9971.jpg

remember if you are using it on two kegs I would recommend starting them at the same time, and be aiming for the same vols of CO2 in each.

muse435, Thank you for posting your pics! I think I'll put together a setup like yours then...

Are you still pressure fermenting in cornys, if so, how do you like it? Are you still doing more than one at a time ?... and if it's just one, then you use your spunding valve that's connected to the grey qd guy.

This process interests me mainly to minimize the footprint in my fermentation chamber and get the 3 week grain to glass thing.

I will use it in the futur, but w/ the heat I can't brew for a while. I have several meads and ciders going right now. once the weather cools down (ac is turned off) i will go back to naturally carbing. It worked well on my last brew, but I only had one going at a time.

Back