I need a quantity beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

the_trout

Reaction score
Ive got a guys weekend coming up and need to snag a few cases of beer. Everybody there is hip to craft beers and we all generally prefer big IPAs but this will be more of a drink all day type of weekend. Its going to be wicked hot and quite humid so something that will go down fast and easy is in order but Id still like to enjoy some flavor along the way. Suggestions?

Allagash White
Bell's Two-Hearted

are a couple that come to mind.

...and maybe an IPL (India Pale Lager) of medium strength.

Gennie cream ale.....as a new-yorker I'm surprised you even asked this question.

As a guy who lived in Rochester for 8 years, I agree. Genessee Red is also pretty good.

Yeungling would work, or Narragansett, or PBR, or High Life.

If I'm drinking all day (camping etc.) I usually go for something cheap and tasty that gets the job done, and all of the above qualify.

I may have gone too "crafty" with my suggestions :D

Yeungling would definitely work, and I've only ever heard good things about Gennessee (never had it myself).

Founder's All Day IPA. I think it's only 4.something% and fairly hoppy. Good ol' Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a good one too.

Founder's All Day IPA. I think it's only 4.something% and fairly hoppy. Good ol' Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is a good one too.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in a can. The can is nice because you can take it to the beach or on the boat, easy in coolers, and when drinking all day sometimes staying away from glass isn't a bad thing... at least with my buddies.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale in a can. The can is nice because you can take it to the beach or on the boat, easy in coolers, and when drinking all day sometimes staying away from glass isn't a bad thing... at least with my buddies.

And I just now looked up the Founder's (it's 4.7%) and it says on the website that they will be in cans this summer. I haven't seen them yet but they are probably out there.

my camping beer (in cans)

SN Pale
Yuengling
21st Amendment Bitter American
Dale's Pale

3 words:

Mickey's Big Mouth

then over to Nick Tahou's for the garbage plate!

availability in cans would be sweet.

What's the 411 on the 21st Amendment Bitter American? Sounds good. British bitter with American hops?

Bitter American is a session american pale ale. Great all day drinking beer. I cloned it this year and it disappeared fast.

Back