What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shorts Soft Parade out of their new variety pack

ForumRunner_20130606_115523.jpg

Am not drinking these yet (stupid work) but had to go by the beer store over lunch. I have never had either of these and am really looking forward to trying them at five oclock!:D

2013-06-06 13.10.18.jpg

Am not drinking these yet (stupid work) but had to go by the beer store over lunch. I have never had either of these and am really looking forward to trying them at five oclock!:D

vanilla porter is delicious let me know about the tank

that sounds amazing! cant wait to drink these at poker tonight, not exactly the perfect poker beer but it will be good

Real Ale Rio Blanco Pale Ale at the airport while cramming in some last-minute work before boarding...

This thing is a Saaz bomb. Not very bitter, but plenty spicy. Definitely prefer the American-style pales over what I suppose is more of an English style.

DisturbdChemist said:
Year old yeast viales WestlyS gave me. IT IS ALIVE!!! First lager here I come!

I got more trading power now woohoo

Awesome, I knew there had to be something viable between all three of those vials.

Man, I can't wait for June 24th!

Channel66 said:
Why would we laugh at you? Cascade and citra make one heck of a beer. :drunk:

Cuz the Coopers can. I really do enjoy it. Easy, quick, and cheap brew. Tastes pretty decent too!!

I appreciate you laughing to yourself and no on screen. Lmfao!!

Motueka Saaz Summer Saison.

image-557652115.jpg

Planning next Spring's planting for future sours. Trying not to go overboard. Two 50' row of raspberries, early summer reds and golds in the fall. Maybe a couple Morello Cherry trees. It's a dark red sour cherry, the most like the Schaerbeek cherries from Belgium that I can find. Possibly a few figs and elderberries, too. I'm also tempted to plant a Mulberry tree, but trying not to go overboard. I wanted to make bacon, so instead of buying pork belly, I bought pigs.....:rolleyes:

TNGabe said:

Planning next Spring's planting for future sours. Trying not to go overboard. Two 50' row of raspberries, early summer reds and golds in the fall. Maybe a couple Morello Cherry trees. It's a dark red sour cherry, the most like the Schaerbeek cherries from Belgium that I can find. Possibly a few figs and elderberries, too. I'm also tempted to plant a Mulberry tree, but trying not to go overboard. I wanted to make bacon, so instead of buying pork belly, I bought pigs.....:rolleyes:

I imagine most of those plantings would take at least a couple years to bear fruit, especially the trees. Those pigs will probably yield their bacon sooner. I back it tho

Gabe contemplating and then the resulting purchase

34896620.jpg

downloadfile.jpeg

I imagine most of those plantings would take at least a couple years to bear fruit, especially the trees. Those pigs will probably yield their bacon sooner. I back it tho

The pigs have come and gone. I'm sure I'll end up with another one at some point, but it's nice not to have any animals after a few years of chickens and pigs.

Fall Raspberries, what are also called everbearing (which they aren't), or primocanes bear fruit the first year. The summer bearing, or floricanes, bear the second year, as will the elderberries. I think figs fruit the first year, also, but maybe it's the second. The cherries will be 3 or 4 years.

In the meantime peaches are about $18 a half bushel, strawberries are around $11 a gallon, a friend grows blueberries, and blackberries are everywhere here. :D

TNGabe said:

D mn. I am such a poser, with my lil terra cotta planter of Centennial on the patio.

Sure! That's something I haven't tried yet. Winemaking that is. Might try Muscadine wine this year.

I haven't tried the recipe yet, my dad just recently found it in his grandfathers toolbox, but I'd imagine with the addition of barrels I've heard you talking about, 1/8 elderberry wine the rest a nice sour saison. Maybe with some fresh berries. Could be a fun project.

Hoppy saison w/ Citra, Nelson, and Amarillo.

image-2642665631.jpg

Honey I had to drink those last 4 bottles, the hop character was fading!

Anyone have suggestions for a better camera app for iPhone?

I will just post these here. Figure some of you guys may be interested.

Elderberry:
20130606_184804.jpg

Elderberry blossom:
20130606_184822.jpg

Dandelion wine: (caution, I've heard stories about this stuff)

20130606_184853.jpg

Lmk if the pics aren't big enough.

Great DIPA - thanks LoloMT! :mug:

View attachment 126886

I picked that up for the first time last week, loved it very much!

This i also picked up for the first time and am not disappointed at all. I think the aroma is incredible right before you take a sip, for a beer with 8.5% abv it is mighty tasty :cross:

Attachments

• 2013-06-06 17.20.10.jpg
    2013-06-06 17.20.10.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 113
Back