Can I please bottle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancphotog

Reaction score
So, I primary fermented my extract fat tire clone for one week and 2 days. I then racked to secondary. It has been there for 1 week and 1 day. The FG was 1.009 for 3 days. The sediment is about a inch on the bottom of the carboy. My question is this, Is there really that much that takes place in the second week of secondary? What am I loosing by bottling now? I'm looking at it and feeling a strong urge to bottle.
...guidance please!!!!:confused:

Bottle it! Once the beer is finished, it will begin to clear. I like to wait until it's clear before bottling (since it WILL continue to clear in the bottle, but then the gunk is in the bottle) but once it's clear, it's fine to bottle it! Beers with a higher OG to begin with, or beers with roasted malts or other strong flavors that need to meld can benefit from aging a bit longer in the carboy. But a "regular" ale can be bottled 2-3 weeks from brewing as long as fermentation is finished.

I was bottling on Saturday morning, the BM Blonde ale.

Swmbo comes through the kitchen for the 19th time and says, "I am tired of seeing you wash and fill all those bottles. Go get a Keg System."

3 hours later, I was filling a Corney! Keezer up and running.

Swmbo comes through the kitchen for the 19th time and says, "I am tired of seeing you wash and fill all those bottles. Go get a Keg System."

Dang. I was also bottling BM's blonde on Saturday. But my SWMBO apparently didn't get the same script yours did. :(

keezer project is some time in the future.

Dang. I was also bottling BM's blonde on Saturday. But my SWMBO apparently didn't get the same script yours did. :(

keezer project is some time in the future.

Try making a bigger mess next time. Eventually, she will learn!

:off:

Same thing happened to me! Except I still cannot let perfectly good bottles get tossed. So now I keg AND still get yelled at for having bottles from New Belgium, Deschutes, or whatever micro laying around. :D

As for the OP, yeah, I don't see anything wrong with bottling. I'm with YooperBrew.

Yeah, a buddy of mine just got a job at Ninkasi so he is leaving Bend. He had a nice collection of bottles that he just gave to me. I am going to reduce my 'collection' down to the wide variety of Flip-Top bottles that he had.

Who needs bottles?

Yeah, a buddy of mine just got a job at Ninkasi so he is leaving Bend. He had a nice collection of bottles that he just gave to me. I am going to reduce my 'collection' down to the wide variety of Flip-Top bottles that he had.

Who needs bottles?

i do i do send em to me :rockin:

Boy, those are going to be hard to get through Customs. If I know my Canadian border security, they don't like EMPTY beer bottles.

yea tru its a pain gettin em here tho unless u get them at LHBS. its 10 cents a bottle on return and noones givin ne away where i am...also almost every beer here is twist top

Who needs bottles?

If your serious about getting rid of bottles and willing to ship in US, PM me!

Back