Why can't you just tip the cooler a bit to drain it all out?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't tip because society says I gotta. I tip when the mash deserves a tip. When the mash really puts forth an effort, it deserves a little something extra.
But this tipping automatically, that stuff's for the birds. As far as I'm concerned, it's just doin its job.

cheap ass! ;)

I tip mine usually. I don't get a LOT more out but it's enough to make it worth it. It doesn't mess my grain bed up or anything.

I usually get about a cup extra by tipping, although it's been as much as 2 qt. at times. Either way, not enough to really matter. But I tip just for the curiosity factor to see how much is in there.

Used to, don't anymore. Efficiency is fine and I get all the wort I can use. If I ever get a pressure canner I'll tip in order to get more wort for making starters.

You don't really need a pressure cooker if you have one or two empty quart jars. I have been using the tippings for that. Just leave a little space for expansion and freeze them. A few hours before you are ready to make a starter, thaw the wort.
And I often do get 2 quarts. That's enough motivation for me to tip.

You don't really need a pressure cooker if you have one or two empty quart jars. I have been using the tippings for that. Just leave a little space for expansion and freeze them. A few hours before you are ready to make a starter, thaw the wort.
And I often do get 2 quarts. That's enough motivation for me to tip.

Yea, you're right. Maybe I'll start doing that. Thanks.

Back