Foaming problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJC16

Reaction score
This is going to be long post so please stick with me! Ive had a keg kit for a long time and never had any foaming problems. We just had a keg of Ying with an excessive foaming problem and I could not fingure out what the problem was. I have 4.5 feet of 3/16 id for my beer line. I have balanced my system and my PSI said 13 when I calculated it. I have my homebrew connected and all I get is foam unlike the ying it was about half and half. I am going to Kegworks today (I love having them local) and I am going to pick up 6 feet. The height from the middle of the keg is 1 foot. I think my homebrew is over carbed so I am going to spend the day bleeding the system. Also I am going from 5/16 gas line to 3/16 for my home brew coupling can that cause trouble? Sorry for all the questions

0918090854.jpg

Why not get 10 feet and work your way down from there. I have 10 in all my taps, but really wish I had 11.

I just took a tire pressure gauge and measured the pressure coming out and on the co2 guage it says 8 but the tire gauge said 11, I am going to get some new gauges today and see if that is the problem

I can bet money 4.5 ' aint enough. The easiest way to think about this is this way.

-Adjust your pressure temp as per carbonation style
-adjust line length and ID as need for proper pour

I purchased some tubing, I will add it tomorrow, I replaced my valves on my regulator they definately were messed up, and I think I over carbed my my homebrew, I am getting with mostly beer with abt an inch of head without any pressure keg.

Back