Glue question for keezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thyirishmen

Reaction score
What glue is everyone using for the collar to the freezer. I see liquid nails but what version. I used the heavy duty is this ok? How long should I let it dry. I have weights pushing it down. I ask this question because most the liquid nails on their site say not recommended for plastic and the top lip of freezer is.

I have used the construction adhesive for a collar on my keezer and fermantation chamber. Both have held up well for me. I did put some angles on both the keezer and the chamber. Just wait for the nails to dry. That stuff works greatr.

Should be fine but I like window caulking/adhesive better for stuff like this. Seems like the vapors aren't quite as bad from them compared to construction adhesive.

I actually only used silicone caulk. Initially I was going to use some brackets in addition, but the caulk held surprisingly well on it's own. I have a hunch that since it's flexible it is resistant to cracking when the keezer is opened.

thyirishmen - since you've already done it - no worries. But silicone caulk sticks to most everything and will seal that up just fine.

Back