10 days later!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akervin

Reaction score
Autumn amber ale from Midwest Supply
OG: 1.040
At day 10 SG: 1.012

Moved to secondary last night to free up my primary and after moving to the carboy I noticed that after about an hour there was active fermentation signs in the airlock. I'm getting bubbles about every 45-60 secs. I'm sure this isn't uncommon, maybe my primary doesn't have as good of a seal as my secondary, it's an ale pail.

If my SG was so low im wondering why I'm getting activity and how much lower the gravity will get?

Any comments?

the airlock is bubbling because co2 is coming out of solution after the transfer, not because of fermentation. an airlock is a vent for co2, not a gauge of fermentation, that's what your SG reading are for. i'm guessing you won't drop but maybe a gravity point in secondary, but the airlock will bubble pretty much any time you move your beer due to the co2 releasing from the beer, perfectly normal.

the airlock is bubbling because co2 is coming out of solution after the transfer, not because of fermentation. an airlock is a vent for co2, not a gauge of fermentation, that's what your SG reading are for. i'm guessing you won't drop but maybe a gravity point in secondary, but the airlock will bubble pretty much any time you move your beer due to the co2 releasing from the beer, perfectly normal.

This x1000

Back