What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seems more malt forward than I remember...less centennial hop twang or something. Dissappointing, especially compared to the Pliny the Elder and the Diamond Knot IPA clone I had before it. But of course...it's all good.:):):)

4183344778_191d0eacca_b.jpg

musta kellered this one right cause it still tastes good. found it after moving again; dated 12/26/2007 but still good.

not sure if the pic takes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/37135401@N08/4183344778/

Anchor "Our Holiday Brew" 2009. I like this version a lot. The spices seem perfectly married, and they taste like Christmas. It helps that I just got done helping the bride get the tree into the living room. Smells like the holidays around here!

Dissappointing, especially compared to the Pliny the Elder and the Diamond Knot IPA clone I had before it. But of course...it's all good.:):):)

Did you really expect to taste the hops after those two previous? I bet your perception would be different if you drank the celebration on a clean palate. If drinking several hoppy beers in succession start with the low hop guys first or you'll just burn your palate out and won't be able to taste the lower hopped beers.

Drinking coffee, but I did put my bottle of DarkLord in the fridge last night for either tonight or tomorrow.

Irregularpulse, you are absolutely correct to point out that I had totally blown my palate by the time I got to the Celebration. Truth be known, I had bought a six pack and drank one on a clean palate the night before...so I was really hearkening back to the let down I felt then. Still, I am willing to admit that the Celebration probably hasn't changed as much as my appetite for extreme hoppiness has increased:mug:

Alexander Keith's IPA

And for the record its a ****ty ****ing beer. I'm pissed, false advertising calling it an IPA. I just checked wikipedia, 5% ABV 20 IBU. Mother****ing 20 IBU!!! What a rip off, I was hoping for a good bear after my exam....

Coffee with Baileys. Or is it Baileys with Coffee?

Up for this afternoon is a bottle of Alesmith X Extra Pale Ale.

a Petrus belgium oud bruin ...Ale aged in oak cacks...unlike any beer I have ever had.. very nice though...its chasing the criminally bad elf 10.5% barleywine style ale I just finished..that was quite yummy too:mug:

A Schlenkerla(sp? don't have the bottle in front of me) Bamburg smoke bier, with a pulled pork sandwich.

Schlante,
Phillip

Hair of the Dog Blue Dot.
Summer 2009 bottling.

Right out of the BeerFRIDGE.

Aroma: Caramel Apple.
Taste: A Hoppy Romp through an Apple Orchard. Reminds me of the apple tree I used to climb in my parent's backyard. weird.
Mouthfeel: smooth. A bit bitter up front then a sweet, almost candy-like quality.

After warming up a bit, this IPA stuns me. It is so smooth.

Hands down. Favorite IPA at this point. With Surly Furious in Second Place.
Pliny and Blind Pig are great... but this...

Is Outstanding.

My 2008 Barleywine. When it was young I didn't think it was balanced enough. It was too sweet. Now that it's aged a year it's fantastic. I was cleaning some kegs and found this one and even popped the lid off and poured a little out into a glass. Even at 60º F it is much better than I remembered. It's mellowed out and a little plumy and figgy and a nice clear deep amber. I've put the lid back on and re-purged the top with CO2. Goes to show you, unless it's completely infected...

Never throw out a barleywine!

The wife and I went out last night after dinner to have a drink or two. Here's what I had, according to the receipt...
Founder's Porter
Ommegang Rouge
St Bernardus Abt 12
Saison Dupont
Duchesse du Bourgogne.

Yummy, followed by yummy, and finishing nicely with yummy.

Just finishing a pint of my Patersbier, after an earlier pint of my Henry's Blue Boar Pale Ale clone. Both were fine drinks, not mind-blowing, but solid homebrews. Now I'm going to try a half-liter of my first-ever lager, a clone of Salzburg's Augustinerbrau Marzen. I am really, really looking forward to this next beer!

Slenkerla Urbock. Got caught in the snow on my lambretta today. Took me 1.5 hours to go 150 blocks. not fun, I did see one other guy out on a triumph though.

Latest posts

Back