1st batch question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nunzio42

Reaction score
ok so im a newbie...did some research online, but still have a question.

1st batch went relativly smoothly, made a dogfish 60minute clone (added orange peel to it for more of a citrus kick) from grain, malt, and hops. I ferminted it until there were no more bubbles coming form the carboy (glass), about 2.5 weeks, ferminted around 70-74 degrees.

Instead of bottling i went directly to the Corny-Keg. Shot it with 50 lbs of Co2 and rolled the barrel (as told by the local homebrew shop), let it sit for 48 hrs, just tried it and there is a very faint sense of carbination. On the plus it actually taste really good.........

I checked the keg there is no leak, ive cleared the co2 out a few times to make sure there was no oxygen left in the barrel before i rolled it, and im still sorta lost.

It is being stored in my kegerator right now which is at a nice 35 degrees.

Any help?

Has it been on the gas the entire time? If so, at what psi?

I'm not one to roll mine around, but I usually give mine a shot at 30 psi or so, and then keep it on the gas at 30 psi for about 24 hours, then vent the pressure and reset it at 12 psi. It takes about 3-4 days to carb up that way.

yep its been on the gas for the past 48hrs.......at appx 30 lbs......, ill reset it now and check it again in 2-3 days.......thanks for the help.....

Yeh you don't need to shake it or roll it really. Just leave it on the gas at 30 for another 24 hrs and check it then. It'll be fine.

Back