Organic Malts Great Western VS Breiss

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

8string

Reaction score
Thinking of ordering some organic malts from the 7 Bridges Co-op. The Great Western malts are a lot cheaper than Breiss. Has anyone any advice on which brand to go with. The Great Western is $0.40-0.60 cheaper per pound. And the 50 lb sacks of 2-row are GW-$42 and Breiss-$59. Is the Great Western of inferior quality in any way to Breiss? Any advice? Thanks

Brewing with my unknown homegrown hops right now. Getting ready to end the boil and start chillin.

So far as I know, there is no difference in quality. McMenamin's uses Great Western organic malts in their seasonal Copper Moon. Briess's organic malts are quite popular.

I suspect the reason for the price differential has nothing to do with quality and instead with 7 Bridges rotating their perishable stock.

Go with the bargain!

Bob

I use the Great Western malt and while I cannot compare it to the Briess it does a fine job in comparison to the Gambrinus malt.

Back