Kegerator is always dispensing foam, HELP!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alefebvre

Reaction score
I bought a new kegerator at a local store recently and everynow and then it will just completely turn the beer to foam when pouring. I've checked for ice in the lines it's not that. The pressure is set to 10 psi so it should be good. Temperature of the fride is set to 3 (out of 10). I've tried changing the keg connections also.

ANY HELP????

is it consistantly foamy or just the first pour? Is your beer cold or on the warm side?

If it's just the first pour, that's totally normal until the beer cools the lines.

If it's consistently foamy, that's usually an indication that the beers overcarbbed, your serving pressure is to high, or both. 10 PSI might be a little high, I usually serve at around 8 PSI, sometimes 6 PSI, depending on the amount of foam I'm getting.

I would try knocking down your serving pressure to even 3-5 psi, vent the keg, and see if you're still having issues. then slowly raise the pressure and keep testing.

What is the inside diameter of your lines and how long are they

I'd second this. I had foaming issues at 10 and even 9 psi when I had 5' lines. When I lengthened them to 10' lines, no more foaming troubles. Pour is slow, but it comes out right. I may shorten them to 9' or 8' one of these days.

Your lines are most likely too short. I find that to get good carbonation whithout foam in Need about 10-12 feet of beer-line. The initial kegorator I got had about 5 foot lines and they always foamed up until I got longer lines.

Search for "epoxy mixers" if you don't want to go with longer lines. I'm currently planning a 3-4 tap keezer and plan to use these with shorter lines. 20 ft of beer line seems cleaner/neater than 40 ft.

I bought a kegerator, nothing but problems and foamy beer from the start.
We changed out the regulator, was leaking CO2, replaced the tavern head, still, nothing but foam. Contacted the company, they sent us an email from another customer, replace the tube from the tavern head to the spigot-10 feet of 3/16 inside diameter tube, that's right-10 feet of tube. I was dubious, didn't make any sense to me. They were absolutely right, it solved the problem. After 2 kegs of foamy beer that would settle into flat beer, we are now drinking carbonated, unfoamy beer. We drink Miller Lite, I don't know if it's the brand, my niece and her hubby drink Bud light and have never had a problem with their kegerator. So, before you start changing out parts, try the hose. We have about 10 pounds of pressure on the keg, but, since replacing the hose, doesn't seem to matter what the pressure is set at.

I have one of those Faucet right on the ball lock things. I serve my beer Ice cold (well, 43f) and at 3 psi. Just teh right amount of foam.

I need some help also have 1/4 of Miller lite about 15 ft 3/16 beer line my tap is mounted on a wall about 2 ft away from kegerator I have to have my co2 set to 22-25 psi to get a good pour. Other wise if lower 10-12 psi it’s all foam

Back