Who's smoking meat this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those look amazing! I made some ABT's for the Christmas eve party but haven't done anything since. I won a WSM 18.5" and i'm just waiting for it to arrive so I can put it together and get it all seasoned. Currently using a bradley smoker.

All set for some football.

15637433493_80014b678e.jpg

Well, I picked up a flat. 6#. I will be rubbing it w mustard and Montreal steak seasoning. Picked up some branches from the local pecan orchard. I will mix up a spray botte to baste with in the am. I'll oust picks once done.

Thanks guys!!!

You know I have never been about to smoke a flat by itself. It has always come out dry. Ive injected it, SnL, HnF, wrapped in tin foil, wrapped in butcher paper you name it. Its always come out like a leather shoe.
Safe to say I no longer just smoke flats.

Smoking 4 butts for a church party tomorrow. Got 2 done last night and 2 on now. Other folks are doing 14 others as well. Gonna be a good lunch!!!

Smoked some ribs on Saturday and also smoked some wings yesterday evening. Both turned out great! Wings are probably the easiest to do on the WSM.

IMG_0907.jpg

Too cold...can't keep the heat up in the electric, and since it is just the two of us, I just can't justify using the propane smoker.

And no. I do not use charcoal.

Too cold...can't keep the heat up in the electric, and since it is just the two of us, I just can't justify using the propane smoker.

What kind of electric smoker do you have and how cold is it in Alabama? I have an MES30 that has no issue keeping temp in 20-30 degree Wisconsin temperature, just curious

I am in MS and notice that wind played a huge factor with this. I also have an electric.

Planning on some pulled pork shoulder. It's been a couple months, so looking forward to it! Probably will make up a Carolina style mustard sauce to go with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just make a double + batch, and freeze what you don't eat!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

It could be the wind...I have the same smoker and it will only reach around 215 when the temperature is 40 and below. I may build a tin shield to go around it and see if that helps.

I'm going to do a brisket - soaked in buttermilk with a S,G,CBP rub. Hopefully I won't be able to sharpen a knife on it when it's done.

At a recent family get together at my parents' house, we had some unexpected (but very, very welcome) guests, and that required a menu change. Long story short, I acquired the 4lb bone-in standing rib roast that was originally on the menu.

That sucker's going on the WSM tomorrow. I figure 375 until it registers rare/medium rare in the center.

Just smoked some beans, a big fatty and a big old bird. The fatty is gone and I'm eating turkey sandwiches for lunch.

Got a corned beef brisket for this weekend. Just need to make sure I have wood chips.

Sometimes I wish I had a meat slicer.

Me too, but I have so many appliances now, out of space.

I use an OXO mandoline to slice pastrami. It works fine. Get it really cold and slice against the grain of the meat. It works. (not as well as a hobart though!)

Passed I know what you mean about space.I'm going to have to add a pantry for small appliances.Cheesy I have an Lem 7 1/2 inch slicer .Not ideal but once you get the hang of it it does a decent job for less than 100 dollars.I love it for french dip ,Cubans and rare roast beef.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByHome Brew1426470416.338306.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 145
Back