QD part # for McMaster Carr?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

givemaboot

Reaction score
I am purchasing a march 809, and I went to McM-C to get some QDs but I wasn't prepared for all of the choices. I am using 1/2 inch heavy duty tubing. thanks.:confused:

Best bet is to "search" and read all the posts to find the plus/minus of various QD's.

I am purchasing a march 809, and I went to McM-C to get some QDs but I wasn't prepared for all of the choices. I am using 1/2 inch heavy duty tubing. thanks.:confused:

These are the parts I used.

6739K68 $8.01 HIGH FLOW HOSE COUPLING FOR COOLANT, SLEEVE-LCK SCKT,90 DEG BARB,3/8"CPLG, 1/2" HOSE ID (This one is right angle!)

6739K64 $6.47 HIGH FLOW HOSE COUPLING FOR COOLANT, SLEEVE-LCK SCKT X BARB, 3/8"CPLG SZ,1/2"HOSE ID (This one is straight through!)

6739K59 $1.93 HIGH FLOW HOSE COUPLING FOR COOLANT, PLUG, 1/2" NPTF MALE, 3/8" COUPLING SIZE

These are the parts I used.

6739K68 $7.44 HIGH FLOW HOSE COUPLING FOR COOLANT, SLEEVE-LCK SCKT,90 DEG BARB,3/8"CPLG, 1/2" HOSE ID (This one is right angle!)

6739K64 $6.01 HIGH FLOW HOSE COUPLING FOR COOLANT, SLEEVE-LCK SCKT X BARB, 3/8"CPLG SZ,1/2"HOSE ID (This one is straight through!)

6739K59 $1.75 HIGH FLOW HOSE COUPLING FOR COOLANT, PLUG, 1/2" NPTF MALE, 3/8" COUPLING SIZE

Those are the same brass QDs that I use (90° and the plug)--- work great!

Are you happy with them? Is there a temp rating I should be worried about?

Yeah, they work great and the price is right. They are rated up to 400° F, so no worries. Looking at their site today, I see the price has gone up slightly, but not much. (I'll go back and edit the prices.)

My hoses have a right-angle on one end, and a straight-thru on the other, which has worked out well. I like how the right angle one will hook on the edge of a kettle or tun and stay there.

Another nice thing is that a 1/2" hose will fit snugly over the plug just like a barbed fitting, so you can still use the fittings for temporary gravity feed purposes.

mash21.jpg

Latest posts

Back