Plastic caps for camlocks

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobTheFourth

Reaction score
Has anyone found anything that works well as a push-on plastic cap for male camlocks? I'm not looking for something water-tight, just to protect the fittings while I'm carrying my brewing equipment in and out of storage. And to keep any bugs in my storage area from crawling inside. The actual stainless clamp-on female caps seem like overkill for this, not to mention it would be pretty expensive to buy enough to cover everything.

I used the aluminum cam locks. The aluminum dust caps are about $2 each for female and <$1 each for male from pro flow dynamics. They should be interchangeable with the stainless camlocks. the aluminum female cap will probably include a different gasket material but that shouldn't matter for your purpose.

Somewhere like US Plastics should have virtually unlimited sizes and materials of plastic caps.

They also make the camlocks in plastic. I haven't looked but I would assume the plastic dust cap would be even cheaper than aluminum. $1-2 seems reasonable.

Pfd=proflow dynamics. Google for the website. They are a retailer for the whole line of camlock fittings.

Back