I got the runs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisKoivu

Reaction score
I need help. After my last brew, I had a glass of the best tasting best glass of suds you ever seen. Only thing is, I got the runs for a week, do you think too much fiber????

ChrisKoivu said:
I need help. After my last brew, I had a glass of the best tasting best glass of suds you ever seen. Only thing is, I got the runs for a week, do you think too much fiber????
I'm guessing it was a coincidence. Not a dietician nor do I play one on t.v., but I think any fiber in the barley stays with the grain and doesn't get transfered to the beer? Anyone know for sure?

Getting a stomach full of the yeast on the bottom of the bottle will do that, but not for a week. Yeast is a great laxative. :(

I would go with the yeast also. If you emptied the entire bottle including the sediment this may cause it with a weak stomach.

So basically, if I go on a cheez whiz/beer cheese soup or Atkins diet binge, then include the yeast from the beer, and I am ready to squirt??

I don't think you get the runs from too much fiber, and no fiber gets to the finished product anyway. At a guess I'd say yeast or even more likely, coincidence.

This is a gross thread ;)

My uncle get stomach problems from yeast, he is alergic to it and homebrew has more yeast than normal beer. Homebrew is not strained with a pressure system.......

but it was prob a conincidence! if you had a problem with eating yeast you would know by now. :)

Back