i left some hops in the primary?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WheaYaAt

Reaction score
i used fuggle plugs yesterday for the first time. i thought u could put them in there without a hop bag. well my question is, i tried to get as much as i could out with a strainer. there was still some left, is it ok for the hops to stay in the primary? should everything be ok? thank you !!

I never use hops bags, and I usually don't strain my wort unless I have a ton of gunk. So far (200 or 250 batches), so good.

Yours will be fine. There isn't any reason to worry about hops or break material (that crud that comes from cooling the wort- it's coagulated protein) in the fermenter. It'll all settle to the bottom with the flocculated yeast in the end, anyway.

It is just fine, RDWHAHB... I have dry hopped in the secondary with pellets and no hop bag, turned out great. What do you mean you tried to get them out with a strainer? Sounds a like a chance for contamination to attack...

well i sanitized a little strainer i have and scooped them out when i was aerating the wort. it's the same stainer one i use to aerate. those little holes get alot oh movement going ya know .

Back