It's My Birthday!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Happy birthday! Drink one for me, as I don't retire for a few more weeks yet and it's a "weeknight" for me. :mad:

I hope dinner was great, and the beer tonight is even better!

Thanks one and all...

As far as I can tell there isn't any leisure time in retirement.

I've seen the "Honey Do List" and I have to tell you I've been doing things that aren't on there...no wonder it never gets worked off.:mad::D

The other day, well, it took 2 days, anywho, I washed the house...well, the vinyl siding...:confused:...pressure washer and soapy brush, etc. I didn't see that one coming...:eek:

We have this large pole down the side of the house where the electricity wires come in. It's painted black...no more. It's painted the same color as the siding. OK, it looks great, invisible and all, but not on the list.

On Monday we went to the cities (where I used to work) for a retirees ID card. Passing a store where we got the tiffany lamps my wife says let's stop and see if they have a matching light kit for the ceiling fan...OK, no problem...no luck, but I do go over to the remnants section and get this neat stone tile, $4 for a 6" square for $1 each...20 of them...I tiled my SoFC.

On the way home SWMBO says I spent more (per tile) for the SoFC than I paid for the tiles for the basement and 2 bathrooms. Not relative in my book...I saved $80.00 is...;)

Well, I realized one thing in retirement...my NEW job is really to live as long as possible.:D

Which reminds me...I saw a guy at the airport wearing a t-shirt. It said RETIRED on it. RETIRED had a line through it and underneath was written: UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT....ain't that the truth!!! ;)

Life is good...

AnOldUR: I'm from So Jersey...no one retires in NJ...you have to move to Florida...

Nice! Congrats to another year and retirement! I've heard Retirement is like workign for yourself, unless you are married, then it's like sleeping with the boss!

Nice! Congrats to another year and retirement! I've heard Retirement is like workign for yourself, unless you are married, then it's like sleeping with the boss!

This makes me not want to retire.

Back