What beer did you really want to HATE, but it surprised the heck out of you?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gcsowden said:
Lived on Busch Light in college and I still absolutely love the stuff. I am totally into the beer scene, love IPAs, Belgians, stouts, even saisons, but I do not really consider myself a beer snob. I always keep some Bud in the fridge for friends and family that aren't into the beer scene, and I will never pass up an opportunity to smash a Busch Light. Brings me right back to my rickety college house with the beer stained ceiling, crooked stairway, matted carpet, dishes piling out of the sink, spitters on every flat surface, and a glorious case or keg of Busch Light always on hand...phenomenal.

Yeah, and the reaction when someone picks up a spitter thinking it is an unfinished drink.

Had some Modelo Especial in a can on vacation last week. Felt I had to get it because we were going to a beach and all the "better" stuff was in glass bottles. All other beer in cans was total crap (bud light lime, etc). I have to admit with the Modelo I was pleasantly surprised as I'm not a fan of most other Mexican lagers.

Back