Monkey F*&%ing a football!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdavisii

Reaction score
Ok! I just got done doing my first AG batch its is or it might be a Fat tire clone. I thought i knew what i was doing until i ended up with four gallons out of the lauter tun into the kettle. I guess i just felt a little lost without my dme. SO yes i felt like a monkey F(*&ing a football. one down hopefully hundreds to go.

mash lauter tun was the bucket in a bucket. And no my noob self didnt account for water retention. Guess i should brew another batch to keep practicing:mug:

tdavisii said:
mash lauter tun was the bucket in a bucket. And no my noob self didnt account for water retention. Guess i should brew another batch to keep practicing:mug:

Get back on the horse. Your beer will be fine...just not as much.

I usually keep adding sparge water until I get at least 6 - 61/2 preboil gallons. You can always boil longer and bring that volume down.

Last week I boiled a little too long and ended up adding some spring water to the primary to bring it back up to a full 5.1 - 5.2 gallons (I account for yeast sludge I'm gonna leave behind). If your OG can handle adding some water to bring the volume up...why not. I was going for a session bitter so I didn't mind.

Back