What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yet Billy has his BS anniversary excuse for NHC next year. Anniversary is every year, NHC in Grand Rapids is only only once.

Or as Yoda would say: Every year Anniversary is, once only Grand Rapids NHC will be.

I can't wait It's going to be epic :rockin:

MrNickVT said:
Are you referring to prairie?

It's a collaboration beer from Choc, Prairie, and FOAM (local home brew club in Tulsa). It's good stuff, but it's a limited release, once a year. It's one of the better Saisons I've tried (in my limited experience).

jerryteague said:
I hear ya. You ought to at least check out Coop ale works in OKC, they have some decent brews (not as good as Prairie and Marshall, but close). Brick town is a good place to check out as well...

Thanks man. I definitely need a guided beer tour of the city. I got two months out there so I'm going to be needing quite a bit of beer!

It's a collaboration beer from Choc, Prairie, and FOAM (local home brew club in Tulsa). It's good stuff, but it's a limited release, once a year. It's one of the better Saisons I've tried (in my limited experience).

It's really freaking good. Better than Funky Galaxy or 'Merica. The brett is very well done. I'm interested if it's an oddball strain or just a low pitch rate. Also wondering about the hops. I'm inclined to say Mittlefruh.

dude, going back a bit. Event Horizon & In the Mouth of Madness are 2 of my 3 favorite Sam Niel movies. Merlin is the other.

My latest IPA straight from the keg... loaded with citra and cascade...

image-3741798793.jpg

Billy-Klubb said:
dude, going back a bit. Event Horizon & In the Mouth of Madness are 2 of my 3 favorite Sam Niel movies. Merlin is the other.

Absolutely! My teenage kids say that Event Horizon is the scariest movie they've ever seen. Sam Niel is one of my top 10 favorites...

Just finished my last Shiner Bock, so I'm gonna go to bed soon (early day tomorrow)...

tyzippers said:
Oh, almost forgot! Drinking this for the first time. Fooking awesome stout!

If I didn't know any better I would think there was some smoked grains in this brew.

(Yes, I quoted myself)

Ya good idea more cow bell :-D we won't complain about you giving us beer.

I'm sure you'll get beer either way, I was talking about pouring at club night. Won't happen, I never seem to have enough beer. :D

BierMuncher's Centennial Blonde.

This is my first 5 gallon all grain batch. It came in closer to 5% than 4% and after 6 weeks in the bottle (last week and a half in the fridge) it's still not clear but man does it taste nice.

Making this beer convinced me of two things.
  1. I don't have the gear to do full five gallon batches. I've settled on 15 litres as max batch size.
  2. A wort chiller is not optional gear. I've since DIY'd one up for myself.

I have an Irish Red conditioning in the bottle right now (15 litre all grain batch). If that also doesn't clear up in a sensible time frame I will try adding a fining agent to the boil on my next brew.

TNGabe said:
You sayin I pour like a drunk? What can I say, I like head.

Cascade saison here, finishing up some pseudo dal tadka and lentil fritters.

Well, doesn't everyone...

my first sour attempt. I had no idea what I was doing and was just winging it. for some reason, the tartness has almost completely disappeared and the sourness has dropped a bunch. my wife even likes it. the aroma is still quite tart though.

my first sour attempt. I had no idea what I was doing and was just winging it. for some reason, the tartness has almost completely disappeared and the sourness has dropped a bunch. my wife even likes it. the aroma is still quite tart though.

Sounds tasty! I need to get off my @ss and brew up a sour mash

Must try coffee bender! And then just maybe I won't be called a homer anymore ha! Fook it who am I kidding I'm a true homer at heart :rockin:

I posted to this thread as soon as I got home from work today. That was only 3 hours ago and there have already been 8 pages of posts since.....

We are a group of beer drinkers I think.

After reading several posts, and having never heard of the greatest majority of the beers on here, I think I need to move. Pensacola, FL sucks for beer selection.... other than my own that is. Budweiser is the distributer down here. I have a place way up in North Georgia... the population in the city of Blairsville is a whopping 800 and the beer selection up there shames the selection we have down here.

smccarter said:
Budweiser controls the distribution down here. I have a place way up in North Georgia... the population in the city of Blairsville is a whopping 800 and the beer selection up there shames the selection we have down here.

There. Fixed that for ya. Budweiser can suck my left nut for that exact reason.

I haven't had Coffee Bender yet, but you are a good man.

It's such an awesome beer. Of Surly's year-round offerings, Coffee Bender is the one I would recommend everyone try. You must figure out a way to get some.

View attachment 144755

The reason I want start doing lagers.

Also: homer beer.

That's a really good one. I just had it for the first time last week and I loved it. I've got a dopplebock of my own lagering right now and, though Troegenator is far from the best dopplebock I've had, if mine tastes close to it, I'll call it a win.

Must try coffee bender! And then just maybe I won't be called a homer anymore ha! Fook it who am I kidding I'm a true homer at heart :rockin:

Yes, you must. You won't regret it.

coldcrash said:
The reason I want start doing lagers.

Also: homer beer.

Yep. Definitely a homer here too. But I will say that Ayinger makes a case for the best dopplebock I've ever had.

You take the day off after one sculpin? Lame :-D

My lame ass works eleven hour days. Thankfully, when we are slow, I get a midweek day off every other week.

I know you're just screwing around, but somebody has to put the "functional" in "functioning alcoholic" even if I have to do it myself?

Latest posts

Back