To soon to keg Caribou Slobber?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad_C

Reaction score
I have a batch of NB Caribou Slobber that I brewed on 1-10 that I would like to have available for the Super Bowl. I assumed that I would have a cream ale ready for the Super Bowl, but it apparently got skunked while fermenting. The Caribou Slobber has been in primary for two weeks, and will have another 2 weeks in keg, or should I wait another week, and then keg it.

I'd hate to rush it if its not going to be ready by then, but if its possible, would love to drink it for the SB.

Honestly I'd go for it. Sure an extra week would help, but I'm guessing Caribou Slobber is a Moose Drool Clone and that would make it a lower gravity brown ale (Did I guess right?)

I'd most definitely get it in the keg ASAP. It'll still condition and after 2 weeks will carb nicely, especially if you bump up the pressure a bit at the beginning.

I know I'm going to "beer hell" for advocating rushing your beer, but in this case I'd do the same thing.

Yeah, it is a Moose Drool clone 1.052 OG, it was at 1.012 last night, so its most likely finished. I am going to stick it in the garage to crash for a few days, check the gravity again, then throw it in a keg.

BTW I tasted it last night while taking gravity readings, I've never had Moose Drool, but this kit from Northern Brewer is pretty tasty!

Will do! I had searched for a review of this on HBT, but didn't come up with much. I will post here when I have it chilled and carbed up! I think I am going to follow this up with a NewCastle type clone to compare to. NB has a kit called Nukey Brown that has caught my eye.

Just wanted to follow this thread up and say that the Caribou Slobber is a great, but took until now to mellow out. I should have let it sit in primary a bit longer, as it took 3+ weeks in the keg to fully clear.

Taste is a nice mellow brown, it has good head, and is a great session beer. I highly enjoy it.

I have had mine in secondary for 2 weeks. its at 1012 now. I think it tastes really watery. The color is really nice and there are good flavors but they are subtle. Did you experience this as well? I haven't had moose drool so cannot compare.

First sip seemed watery to me but my OG was low for some reason. I gave it 2 weeks in primary, 2 weeks in secondary and tried it after being bottled for 2 weeks. It wasn't ready. After 3 weeks bottled it was great. Everyone who tries it loves it. Very easy too drink with no bitterness and good malt flavor.

I brewed the Caribou Slobber back in December and let in the primary 2 weeks and 2ndary for 2 weeks. At the end of second week of bottling, it was ok, but not as awesome as the reviews made it sound. The beer has since gotten better with each week. I tried one now and I think it the best beer I brewed. Let this one sit as long as you can. Not too long though, cuz it is tasty.

Latest posts

Back