150 Clone Recipes from BYO

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the heads up. I picked up some back issues of BYO as well. I got 7 years to catch up on.

I ordered it off the BYO website last Tuesday or Wednesday, and it came in the mail yesterday. Very fast shipping.

I like it. It has extract and all-grain recipes for most of the clone brews listed. There are a few I've found that have only an all-grain, but seems like most are given both ways.

What you don't get is any taste guidelines. If it's a beer you've had before or you can buy locally, you're set.

ya i just ordered that and some back issues last week also:) cant wait!

I have it and it rocks, lots and lots of good recipes I want to try. Several of my favorite beers are in it.

Finally got my copy this yesterday. Looking forward to brewing some of the recipes out of it.

wstein said:
Finally got my copy this yesterday. Looking forward to brewing some of the recipes out of it.
I got an email stating that mine shipped the 8th and it not here yet. I am getting worried that is has been "lost" in the mail.

Blender said:
I got an email stating that mine shipped the 8th and it not here yet. I am getting worried that is has been "lost" in the mail.

That sucks..

I'm not sure how long mine took..

We are brewing the Bell's two hearted on Saturday.

hey blender, mine came in 1 week exactly from order date ... to canada. i'd give em a call. mine shipped on friday and was here on weds. prolly gonna do the bass pale ale this weekend or next.
right on
shawn

newfie said:
hey blender, mine came in 1 week exactly from order date ... to canada. i'd give em a call. mine shipped on friday and was here on weds. prolly gonna do the bass pale ale this weekend or next.
right on
shawn

I have to say mine was also within a week.

newfie said:
right on
shawn
I did contact them and they said it shipped on the 12th which is 4 days past the time the original email indicated that it was sent. So I am giving it a few more days.

I have it, but find it just so, so. It is lacking in lager recipes in general and in pilsner and VMOs in particular. I have found the same bias in the mag. as well. Also, I really wish they had done a better job with the hops. I like good old IBUs, not AAUs in the recipe. I can do the calculations, but it is a pain and seems to cater to lazy recipe development and brew design. But if you like ale, especially IPA, this is a good buy.

sause said:
For those who got this, does this book have the recipe for Lake Front Brewery's East Side Dark? I have been looking for that recipe for a long time.

Not that I am able to find. Send an email to BYO and see if they will work one up for you.

sause said:
For those who got this, does this book have the recipe for Lake Front Brewery's East Side Dark? I have been looking for that recipe for a long time.
yes they do, page 58

Brewpastor said:
I have it, but find it just so, so. It is lacking in lager recipes in general and in pilsner and VMOs in particular. I have found the same bias in the mag. as well. Also, I really wish they had done a better job with the hops. I like good old IBUs, not AAUs in the recipe. I can do the calculations, but it is a pain and seems to cater to lazy recipe development and brew design. But if you like ale, especially IPA, this is a good buy.

I agree. I also was a bit diappointed with the selection of Belgians. But hey, for $6, not bad.

They probably assume that the majority of people don't lager. I hate assumptions but they are probably right.

Raising the dead.

Anyone know where I can get the BYO clone magazine? I looked on eBay with no luck.

The book referenced above was published in 98 so I'm not so sure it tops the magazine. Who knows.

Thanks,

- Destin

Your best bet would be this special issue which has the other's 150 recipes plus 100 more:

http://***********/store/byo-special-issues/250-classic-clone-recipes

Back