B-T-F Sanitizer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hellfire_studios

Reaction score
I bought a used home brew setup and it came with BTF sanitizer and I am not familiar with this product. What is the best way to sanitize my equipment for bottleing with this product?

Josh

This is one brand of iodophor, which I use myself. I was told about 1 tablespoon per 5 gallons of water, and you don't need to rinse. In my case I fill a bucket with it and sink my bottles into it, and put them in the dishwasher rack to let the excess water drain out. Sometimes I'll run the dishwasher on high heat (without detergent) for good measure.

That is also known as Iodophor, I believe. The dilution ratio is on the bottle- I think it's one capful per 5 gallons, but please check that since it's been a while since I used it!

It works great, and is a no-rinse sanitizer. The only complaint I've heard is that it can stain plastic equipment. I haven't used it lately, but remember liking it very much.

That is also known as Iodophor, I believe. The dilution ratio is on the bottle- I think it's one capful per 5 gallons, but please check that since it's been a while since I used it!

It depends on which bottle you get. The big bottles have a bigger cap than the small bottles, so read the directions.

And yes, it is Iodophor. I used it for a good year before I switched to star san.

wow thanks guys now that is what I call service. I am about to start bottling my first batch out of my real deal setup. Good by mr. Beer !!

3ml/gallon. Measuring with a syringe will make thinks much more accurate and simple.

Back