condition in keg?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

integra93ls

Reaction score
Is it ok to put the beer into keg n put some co2 in then let condition in basement? Until I'm ready or have room in fridge.

Yes but check your chart for how many PSI you need for the volumes of C02 you desire for the temperature of your basement. You probably know this but you have to keep it hooked up to the gas until it's carbed.

I put some in just to keep it from going bad until I can properly carbon it when I get back from vacation next week. I can't keep them hooked up the whole time. Should be ok still right?

Disconnecting it from the gas means that the brew will absorb what it can, reducing (or eliminating) any pressure in the keg.

As long as you purged the air from the keg, after getting the brew into it, and topped it off with CO2, you should be safe. If you want to partially carbonate it while away, put it on gas in the basement. Then let it finish in the fridge once you have a spot for it.

It's for situations like that, that I have more than one regulator and CO2 supply/source. I'm actually planning on getting a new regulator for my brew fridge (dual body) so that I can feed two different pressures to the kegs inside. I'll then have my single body regulator free for other duties... :rockin:

I don't mean to hijack the thread but didn't see any other keg conditioning threads via seach.
doing a russian imperial stout and a vanilla bourbon barrel porter.
Is it the same process to do long term (3months - 1+ years) keg conditioning.
Do I cold crash or keep it room temp when carbing.
Partial carb or fully carb?
Condition at room temp (basement stays mildly cool)?
Feel free to pimp slap me and i will make a new thread.

I put some in just to keep it from going bad until I can properly carbon it when I get back from vacation next week. I can't keep them hooked up the whole time. Should be ok still right?

Probably. If you're going to be gone, and it has to stay warm, why not prime the keg with some sugar and have it fully carbonated when you get back?

I primed my recent keg of Tripel with good result.

Back