Eff You guys!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreakinA

Reaction score
Damn you HBT. About a month ago I got my first homebrew kit and immediately began soaking up info from here. Now I have 3 ale pails, a 6 gallons better botter and a 5 gallon better bottle and they are all full of homebrew deliciousness. I just cant get enough of this stuff. In fact I can't get bottles fast enough for when all these beers and apfelwiens will be ready so Im afraid I'll be forced to jumpstart the kegerator! You guys are all jerks. :D

LOL I did pretty much the same thing...started with a Mr. Beer kit and by the end of the second batch I had made 2 bucket fermenters and started accumulating stuff to go full scale. Don't know if I'll get all the way to all grain 5 gallon batches due to space restrictions, but I'm up to 5# partial mashes and have about 8 cases of beer bottle conditioning, plus I've had 5 gallons in primary and 5 gallons in secondary at about any given time for the last 2 months. It's a sickness I tell you. I have learned a ton in the 3 months or so I've been on HBT, and my beer has improved dramatically.

I did the same thing pretty much. Then I sold almost everything because I thought stomach issues would keep me from beer. I figured out my stomach's limits and now I'm back but brewing minimalistically. I'm the born-again brewer...

I'm with you. I started brewing at the beginning of 2008 and my next brew is going to be a parti-gyle. I've got a 3-tier, a chest freezer that fits 7 cornies, and no desire to slow down.

Yeah I didnt mean to get so much stuff. Yesterday I went and got my first better bottle(the 6 gallon) and a second ale pail. Then I went back today for the nylon bag for grains, and they had ported better bottles 5g with the racking tube for 34.95! Isn't that like 20 bucks off? So I got another ale pail of course and put together some more apfelwien.

my landlord is lucky we don't have a homebrew store here. i'd probally be on the street by now. i need more stuff!

FreakinA - Are you anywhere near the Midwest? If you ever find yourself near Nebraska, I'm drowning in bottles and will gladly give you a few cases full!

From 1 kit, I am now up to three kegs (1 keggle, two for HLT and MLT on deck), enough fermentation capacity for 50 gals at once, enough cornies to fill every fridge in the house, enough tubing to plumb a high-rise, etc etc etc.... And all within 5 months...

:drunk:

Unfortunately I am nowhere near Nebraska. I'm in Southern Arizona at Arizona State University. Fortunately my Dad has money and drinks plenty of beer and has been giving us like 10-20 bottles a week to supply our addiction.

I think I have spent more money on brewing equipment in the past month than I have on everything else combined...six kegs, kegerator, ingredients, two (more) carboys, CO2 tank, and steps to going all-grain. Needless to say, the pipeline is looking strong...honestly I have way too much beer on hand...I am drinking more than usual just to make room. But I am not complaining...i love it.

yeah...so you guys all know that saying/cliche:

"theres a fine line between hobby and mental illness", it definitely applies, but there is not a damn thing wrong with that, unless you can't afford the stuff, like me. Before we all know it, there is going to be a quit hotline for homebrewer's who can't stop the craze.

Whats more addicting anyways...homebrew or crack? <---haven't done crack, just heard that its pretty addicting, like very.

I know what you mean, I went from ghetto brewing with champagne yeast in 5 litre bottles, now I have 3 1gallon better bottles and a brew bucket, in only a week, and i'm sure that will increase in the future :)

:eek:Keep it up and you'll end up like me. . .

I am divorced, and have nothing but a huge expensive brewing setup to show for it!!

DSC00091.JPG

Cheers to a good hobby that you can drink! :mug:

I am divorced, and have nothing but a huge expensive brewing setup to show for it!!

DSC00091.JPG

If my SWMBO went to the pole barn and saw that, I would be devorced also. I mean DAMN, it has switches and lights for beers sake.

DSC00091.JPG

Wait, wait. I'm divorced too and got nothing like that. How'd you work that one? All I got was a stinkin' crappy TV. :(

Welll... I started with NB by buying a kit piece by piece and glass bottles on CL. Before starting 1st brew I found a guy on CL getting rid of a collection of stuff. Before my 1st brewday I had 9 glass carboys assorted sizes, 4 buckets, 30 gal pot(not gonna use) mash tun, 2 taps/shank, 20 lb co2 , reg, tons of small things. 6 kegs. ALL for under 300. (sorry to brag) I think I satisfied the need considering i'm on my first brew.

Latest posts

Back