False bottom diameter for Home Depot 10 Gal. Cooler

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bearymore

Reaction score
I was looking at false bottoms on the Midwest Supplies site. I was planning to buy a 12" false bottom to use in a 10 gal. Home Depot Cooler that I am going to buy. However, along with a 9" and 12" false bottom, they list a 10" which is described as "fits 10 gallon Rubbermaid coolers." Now, assuming the HD cooler is just a rebranded Rubbermaid, I'm not sure which size to buy. Most people on this forum seem to use 12". Which size is right?

I use a 12 in mine, fits fine with about 1/2 of an inch on the bottom sitting off of the walls of the cooler

Omegaman13 said:
I use a 12 in mine, fits fine with about 1/2 of an inch on the bottom sitting off of the walls of the cooler

Sounds like the 12 in. is the one to get. I wonder why they recommended the 10 in. Perhaps they meant for the 5 gal. cooler.

One site has them labeled wrong. Threw me off a little bit, I looked around and found that all other sites have the 12" for the 10 gallon.

Back