• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT: (2) Perlick 525SS + cash for (2) 425SS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJSkypala

Reaction score
After typing the title I realize that not many people would be interested, but nonetheless I have two like new 525SS faucets and I would like to get two 425SS faucets in good condition. Will trade the faucets plus some cash.

Not sure about the OP, but I prefer 425s to 525s. They seem more solidly build to me, and I like the ability to change out spouts to do bottling directly from the tap. I've since changed to a European-style faucet but I know a lot of people like the old 425s.

RJSkypala I PM'd you but haven't heard anything yet. I'm interested in doing a swap. I've got 2 425s next to 4 525s and would like to make them all match :)

RJSkypala I PM'd you but haven't heard anything yet. I'm interested in doing a swap. I've got 2 425s next to 4 525s and would like to make them all match :)

Hehe, RJ since you have both 525s and 425s can you offer your opinion of the performance of each compared to one another?

Hehe, RJ since you have both 525s and 425s can you offer your opinion of the performance of each compared to one another?

Pretty dang similar. The 425 does a bit more of a solid construction since it has a cylinder the lever moves inside compared to the 525 with just a ball directly attached to the lever. The 525 lever also rotates which can be a little bit of a pain when you are screwing the tap handle on but it doesn't leak so no biggie there.
I was thinking of going 6x 425s but the cost for 4 more 425s drove me to buy 525s. Since I liked the 525s just fine I thought I'd take him up on his trade so they all match. I'm a little anal :)

Thanks for the explaination. I hope you guys are able to work something out. I have a 525ss and have never seen the 425 so just wanted to get another opinion from someone who has used both.

Latest posts

Back