Southern California Fires

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewsmith

Home brewing moogerfooger
Reaction score
The office where I work is in the city of Yorba Linda. On Saturday I saw news coverage that showed fire all around the area of the office. I wasn't too concerned about the building itself, it's concrete, but the place seemed to be practically surrounded by fire. Today I got to the office and I could see some of the aftermath in the neighborhood. Burnt hillsides all around and some of the buildings on the edges of the business park had some minor damage. Trees in parking areas had caught fire and stuff like that. For the most part though, almost all of the houses were saved from extremely close flames.

I'll see if I can post some pics of the area...

Here's some quick and dirty paint illustrations.

The first is from a local newspaper showing the area of the entire fire. My office is kinda hidden from the graphics.
Yorba Linda Fire -1.JPG

The second is a bad paint illustration of where the fire was in relation to all of the local buildings.
Yorba Linda Fire - 2.JPG

I'll try not to be mean, but building a community in a landscape (chapparal) that relies on frequent (almost yearly) fire is a recipe for disaster...

I'm not disagreeing. All the flat land around here has been used up for years. I actually remember when these houses were built about 20 years ago.

Back